FREE ML Cab Pack 20 Preset-Cab Bundle: JMPre-1 & Brit PR75

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

Last year was one of the best years in my life so far and one of my biggest achievements was Cab Pack 20: ML Brit 4x12 Collection. While I'm extremely happy that so many of you went and got this pack I also understand that some of you don't know what it's all about. It's an ultimate collection of "based on Marshall" 4x12 cabinets from varying periods from the beginning of rock'n'roll to these modern ages we live in now.

In addition to 1775 IR's the pack also includes Preset-Cab Bundles that are ready to be used for professional recordings or live situations as was demonstrated in this thread by @GeeJee Cheers buddy! Sadly after a FW update one of the presets doesn't work anymore so I though it would be a proper thank you for this community to share one of my very favorite IR's for free and bundle it up with a new version of that preset for everyone to try out. :)

You can download the preset by clicking here! (or right-click the link and Save As) I believe you need to be running Quantum 2 for it to work. If you just want the IR get it by by clicking here.

I hope this preset shows you how imporant a single IR can be. For example in this case it's just a single SM57 IR (although it's based on an old pre-Rola Marshall 4x12 cabinet) and the amp block has very basic settings. Feel free to fine tune it further to fit your guitar as we all have different guitars and picking styles.

A very sincere thank you goes out to this community since as we all know without you I wouldn't be the happiest guy alive creating guitar sounds for a living. :) THANK YOU AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE PRESET!

Last edited:
No question Clark Kent took many hits and got up every time. Any success he has achieved is well earned. Talk about a guy I would want in my corner, Clark is it.
I've never seen it from that perspective, thank you so much. :) I guess I do have thick skin in that sense. A wise man (Chris) once said that if you don't have any haters you're not doing it right. Rock'n'roll wasn't built by obeying the rules either.

Thanks for this. I have cab pack 15 and 18 and love them. One question, and might be a noob one, the file keeps downloading as a txt file on my mac. I tried turning it into an executable with no luck. I remember reading about this a while back but can't seem to find how to fix it.

Thanks for this. I have cab pack 15 and 18 and love them. One question, and might be a noob one, the file keeps downloading as a txt file on my mac. I tried turning it into an executable with no luck. I remember reading about this a while back but can't seem to find how to fix it.
It should be a .syx file. Try right-clicking it and saving that way. If it doesn't work let me know.

Unable to get the preset to work in my axfx2.. I can see the CAB in the scratch pad, but do no understand how to retrieve the preset from the temporary memory. Using a PC. Thanks in advance.

Unable to get the preset to work in my axfx2.. I can see the CAB in the scratch pad, but do no understand how to retrieve the preset from the temporary memory. Using a PC. Thanks in advance.
You need to load the preset with Axe-Edit. Click on the right hand side where it says "Import" and choose the .syx file. It will temporarily place it in your scratchpad. If you save that preset it will prompt you and ask you for a save location for that IR. At least that's how it's supposed to work. :)

I had this problem as well, and right-clicking to "save as" didn't work either, even when I manually erased the txt extension. What worked finally was to right-click on the downloaded "syx.txt" file, choose "Get Info", and manually erase the txt extension in that window.

I had this problem as well, and right-clicking to "save as" didn't work either, even when I manually erased the txt extension. What worked finally was to right-click on the downloaded "syx.txt" file, choose "Get Info", and manually erase the txt extension in that window.
Okay that sucks! I'll change the format to .rar so it should work for everyone.

Thanks Mikko - I have and use alot CP 20 and interresting how you presets sound now with fw 2.01 and single mics ;)
I know! I've been kind of ignoring single mics a lot when creating tones since I love the alloy IR's. I have fresh ears for the first time in like 6 months and I feel like I have a better ear for when brightness is good and when it's bad. I love the single SM57 IR's right now. :)

Loaded the bundle up and love the tone. Once again you put something together so simple that sounds so good. I have a ton of IR's from Cab Packs 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, and 19. Looks like I will be getting 1775 more. Thanks so much for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom