Three hours with the USA Pre LD2 Yellow...

Gregmang

Fractal Fanatic
....speechless. 3 hours elapsed with a Les Paul felt like minutes.

I know the real life pre is based on a MkII but I submit that this sim is the best Mesa in the Axe Fx. Just stunning to play rhythm, lead - ANYTHING.

Highly recommended cabs are stereo Ultra-Res of one of "Cliffs Cabs" (I don't remember which cab pack) and one of the Ownhammer Justin York Mesa 2x12's (there is really something quite magical about those IR's). Running beta Zwei of 2.01 but must say that the USA Pre LD2 Yellow has ALWAYS sounded amazing.

Gawd I love this technology....

Thanks again, FAS. You guys continue setting the bar freakishly high.

I know the real life pre is based on a MkII but I submit that this sim is the best Mesa in the Axe Fx. Just stunning to play rhythm, lead - ANYTHING.

Highly recommended cabs are stereo Ultra-Res of one of "Cliffs Cabs" (I don't remember which cab pack) and one of the Ownhammer Justin York Mesa 2x12's (there is really something quite magical about those IR's). Running beta Zwei of 2.01 but must say that the USA Pre LD2 Yellow has ALWAYS sounded amazing.

Yeah dude. I've been preaching that Triaxis sim for a while. It's been my lead tone for a long time now. To me its just clear and articulate but still has substance. Its not thin or shrill in any way. That's the sim I used for this recording- , if I was gonna go back and do it again, I probably wouldve dialed it in a bit differently, but I still like it nonetheless

I'm using this amp for a Framus Cobra like preset. Love it. Thinking about posting the preset but it is for the Ax8.

Yeah dude. I've been preaching that Triaxis sim for a while. It's been my lead tone for a long time now. To me its just clear and articulate but still has substance. Its not thin or shrill in any way. That's the sim I used for this recording- , if I was gonna go back and do it again, I probably wouldve dialed it in a bit differently, but I still like it nonetheless

Nice work.

I'm using this amp for a Framus Cobra like preset. Love it. Thinking about posting the preset but it is for the Ax8.
Do you mind sharing ehat settings you used? Also do you have hands on experience with the Framus to draw on? I am familiar with this amp in name only. As I understand it, the amp is of the Mesa style camp, as opposed to all of the amps our there that are Marshall derivatives.

Do you mind sharing ehat settings you used? Also do you have hands on experience with the Framus to draw on? I am familiar with this amp in name only. As I understand it, the amp is of the Mesa style camp, as opposed to all of the amps our there that are Marshall derivatives.

I had one years ago, great amp. To not get too off topic here I have started a thread in the Ax8 section.

Mesa claims it's based on the IIC+ but it's different. The bright cap is different, the mid resistor is much greater, the source impedance of the drive "pot" is different, etc., etc, etc.
can it be a '' in the ball park '' of Hetfield Crunchberry? or it was just to fit the many other circuit available in the Triaxis ?

I submit that this sim is the best Mesa in the Axe Fx. Just stunning to play rhythm, lead - ANYTHING.

Totally agree. So much gain, thick, well balanced. I wonder how much the power amp section, which is not modeled after a Mesa for what I know, is making the difference.

Which Mesa 2x12 IRs do you tend to use the most? I've been playing the Triaxis Yellow lately too. It feels like one of the best kept secrets in the Axe.

My Son came over this afternoon and noticed the preset was there. So he had me quickly set the preset to match my Triaxis. Within in a few short minutes of tweaking the EQ, I had it sounding exactly like my Triaxis. He was like, you should have used that amp model from the beginning. Then you would have not even missed your Triaxis. My response was "I don't miss it"!

Which Mesa 2x12 IRs do you tend to use the most? I've been playing the Triaxis Yellow lately too. It feels like one of the best kept secrets in the Axe.

Hey Justin !

I use both a 412 and a 212

4x12 Cali 160D
OH JY-MES-212 R U70+121 (quote a 'mouthful' to type)

Whatever mojo you and Kevin conjured for those IR's please keep doing it ;)

Last edited:
Not here...
Care to share your basic settings? I used to run my Lead 2 Yellow with the input gain at 6.5 and the lead 2 gain at 5 and get some pretty full crunch. I find those settings work similarly if the saturation is set to "ideal", but the clean-up on the guitar volume is sacrificed. How do set your lead 2 yellow on the Axe?

Back
Top Bottom