Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.01 Public Beta Zwei

I you wanted to make the thread title a real mystery, you should have named it
Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.01 Public Beta Zwo
Now let's see how many people get what I'm talking about ;)

it's just a few weeks or so right? :) hardly a downfall really.
The problem here is that the "port to Ax8" team has to keep up with Cliff.

[Tongue in cheek]
It is two weeks ago that Ax8 FW 2.0 including Q2.0 went to the beta testers http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/coming-up.110915/

Now, a new Ax8 FW including Q2.01 has gone to the beta testers, so I guess it will be another few weeks.

What happens, if Cliff gets another epiphany within these few weeks :)
[/Tongue in cheek]

I am very happy with my Ax8 on FW1.01. It sounds amazing, so I am not complaining. One of the attractions of Fractal is the neverending quest for the best possible amp modelling in the universe. I just see the potential for the firmware update spiral of doom that leaves the Ax8 wanting :p

Just had a bit of time to play loud. It seems that I don't need to change much on my existing presets, maybe volume for one or two amps and that's all.
The sound got a lot better to my ears. It' s awesome. My presets sound better to my ears, they are more in the face/ less stuck in the monitor but without getting harsh or spickey. And it seems that different pickups make a better difference without the neck PU getting boomy or the bridge PU getting nasty...no they are all pleasing.
Thank you Cliff and team for that new FW!

I've gone back to 2.0 for this weekends gigs, but will be all over this beta next week. :)
Same here...........some levels of the amps are different, the new PO Hardness is not always as it could be....like the Voxsounds more with less Hardness........I will miss the great 50 W Marshalls this weekend.....they´ve got a great, fat tone

Dang it! There was a run on the hyperbole bank and they're all out of superlatives. Now I just don't know what I can use to pay for this!

It's just so.... :D

This fw is definitely the best Axe I've ever tried. I don't know if it is placebo but all pinch harmonics and especially high up the neck really pop out like never before. And single notes have lots of body.

finally got to try and sounds great! really opened up the sound and gives a more immediate feel. tightened up palm mutes too. I find for my personal taste I need to bump power amp hardness down to 3.5 +/-.

Regarding the reverse delay... Is it a bug that it alternates between forwards and backwards, or is that the way it's intended to be? Every other reverse delay I've used just goes backwards. Is there any way to make it just reverse?

Back
Top Bottom