Farador

qUI8osj.jpg

Here is my attempt at making a cleaner Two Rock preset, great for Mayer stuff. I'd highly suggest you crank the volume up with this one to really hear it sing, as is tradition with the cleaner Dumble stuff. Personally i've found that with the volume rolled off it sounds a little muddy, maybe output knobs (on the Axe Unit itself) at a min of 9 o'clock. I'm using a Les Paul with BB Pros in the middle position. All knobs on my guitar are cranked. It also sounded great coil-tapped so I think it will work well with a strat after some slight EQ. Each cab has a mix of Two Rock 2x12 57 A and Two Rock 2x12 121 D from FAS Cab Pack 17. I'd recommend this for best results but to each their own. I'm not sure if it matters but i'm running an Axe Fx II XL on Q2.01 Beta. This is my very first preset, please post any advice you have! Thanks and enjoy!

P.S. If we could get a real TR Mayer Sig amp model... considering there's really nothing like it in our current selection one can only dream ;)

Attachments

• Two Rock Mayer Signature.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Interesting combination of amps. I've never played around with mixing an bass amp with a guitar amp to get bigger bottom end out of the patch.

Some comments and questions on what you've got going on here.

The Delay 1 block, with the 2290 model, is doing nothing in the patch. It's got the right side set for reverse phase and then the L+R output are being summed by the Reverb block, creating no signal. If you disconnect your Delay 2 block you'll see that's the case. Set the Phase Reverse to None on the Delay 1 block and it'll be heard.

Since Cabinet 1 and Cabinet 2 are running the same IR combos, you could save some CPU and just run both Amp blocks in to one Cabinet block. Gets you back 17% CPU for more effects!

The level on Amp 2, the SV Bass model, dominate the preset -- was that intentional? The SV Bass as big clean sound with guitar is pretty nice. Going to have to explore that with guitar a little more!

What's the Tone Match block matching? A Mayer audio clip? I find it really dark with my PRS. Things feel a little brighter, livelier with it bypassed.

You're running the Delay 2 block in parallel but you've got the mix set at 6%. That means you're summing the dry signal on row 2 with a bunch of dry signal coming out the Delay 2 block on row 3 as well. That's not necessarily wrong, but it's not usually how parallel delays are run. Most people run the Mix at 100% when they run delay or reverb in parallel. Same store for the Reverb block on row 1.

If you roll the mix up on these blocks you can lose the -20 dB setting you have on the output volume in the first scene of the preset.

Attaching my adjustments on your preset. I'm digging. It's a big, strident clean tone with a nice clear bottom end thanks to that SV Bass model mixed in. This is setup expecting the two Two Stone IRs in the X side of the Cabinet block, but if you switch to the Y side it uses two factory IRs you had picked out. It's exported using Quantum 2.01B.

Attachments

• Two Rock Mayer Signature.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Interesting combination of amps. I've never played around with mixing an bass amp with a guitar amp to get bigger bottom end out of the patch.

Some comments and questions on what you've got going on here.

The Delay 1 block, with the 2290 model, is doing nothing in the patch. It's got the right side set for reverse phase and then the L+R output are being summed by the Reverb block, creating no signal. If you disconnect your Delay 2 block you'll see that's the case. Set the Phase Reverse to None on the Delay 1 block and it'll be heard.

Since Cabinet 1 and Cabinet 2 are running the same IR combos, you could save some CPU and just run both Amp blocks in to one Cabinet block. Gets you back 17% CPU for more effects!

The level on Amp 2, the SV Bass model, dominate the preset -- was that intentional? The SV Bass as big clean sound with guitar is pretty nice. Going to have to explore that with guitar a little more!

What's the Tone Match block matching? A Mayer audio clip? I find it really dark with my PRS. Things feel a little brighter, livelier with it bypassed.

You're running the Delay 2 block in parallel but you've got the mix set at 6%. That means you're summing the dry signal on row 2 with a bunch of dry signal coming out the Delay 2 block on row 3 as well. That's not necessarily wrong, but it's not usually how parallel delays are run. Most people run the Mix at 100% when they run delay or reverb in parallel. Same store for the Reverb block on row 1.

If you roll the mix up on these blocks you can lose the -20 dB setting you have on the output volume in the first scene of the preset.

Attaching my adjustments on your preset. I'm digging. It's a big, strident clean tone with a nice clear bottom end thanks to that SV Bass model mixed in. This is setup expecting the two Two Stone IRs in the X side of the Cabinet block, but if you switch to the Y side it uses two factory IRs you had picked out. It's exported using Quantum 2.01B.
Thanks for the suggestions and help! I'll check it out when I get home today. With my guitar, the tone match helped tame the brightness of the patch. It's a tone match taken from a soundclip of a real TR Mayer Sig. That's odd about he cabs though, I never chose a factory IR... I just added 2 cab blocks and immediately set them to UR stereo w/ the cab pack 17 stuff.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions and help! I'll check it out when I get home today. With my guitar, the tone match helped tame the brightness of the patch. It's a tone match taken from a soundclip of a real TR Mayer Sig. That's odd about he cabs though, I never chose a factory IR... I just added 2 cab blocks and immediately set them to UR stereo w/ the cab pack 17 stuff.
Huh. I wonder if something was lost in translation then from your unit to mine?

Huh. I wonder if something was lost in translation then from your unit to mine?
More than likely just a difference in guitars. I think the BBs are known for being rather trebly. It sounded good tapped (yet a little darker and more mellow) though so I'm not really sure.

Back
Top Bottom