Just upgraded from Fw17 to Quantum 2.0

carlguit

I work in a resident band 6 nights a week so I hadn't updated the firmware in over a year. We don't have rehearsals this week so I thought it was the perfect time to do it. After spending about 10 hours with the new FW at gig levels…. OMG. This is really a big step up. Maybe it's because I skipped so many updates or there is something really happening with the Quantum and the G3. One of the singer who plays guitar and was raised in his dad's professional studio couldn't believe how great it sounded. He actually loved it so much that he spent about 4 hours ''helping'' me out to re-do my patches. He was just as excited as I was. I really like the new Dumbles. The new cleans are fabulous. Very inspiring. Also after, reading Cliff's tips ( negative feedback ) with the Friedman, the HBE became one of my favourite. Ah and the new Deluxe Memory Man sounds good too. I got the MkII and still have the original preset bank in there. So I went through about 100 un-edited presets that were there waiting to be overwritten. Some of them were just stellar after the upgrade. I do understand now all the excitement that the last few firmware generated. Well done Fractal.

This firmware sealed the deal for me and I am selling off my Diezel Herbert now.

IMO the Axe Fx has been delivering on recorded tones for a while now, but the one thing that I yearned for that my valve amp was delivering on was the feel and response to my playing. Q2.0 now delivers that by the bundle! The dynamics I experience through the PA and Cab setup is beautiful.

I really commend FAS on all thier hard work. They really are a stunning example of a company committed to quality, service and value for money.

My fx 2 is the best musical equipment investment I'v made,( and my PRS) it's opened up door's I didn't even know were there, I have been playing guitar for 28 years and this little black box has made me play more, sound better and has improved my amp,cab and effects use and understanding. I could rave all day but I'd rather play guitar.....on a side note I Love axe edit the lay out on the computer is so comprehensive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom