Fremen Quantum 2.0 presets

New video ! I used three presets with small tweaks ; I should have made the lead one brighter probably. The clean one is just a stereo take, with clan amp on the right, acoustic simulator on the left. I bypassed the shimmer block, with it it's even more glorious sounding, lol

Thank you Fremen! Your presets sound killer and I have only used the alternate versions so far. Going for the MAR 66 IRs now, as you recommended before. Money well spent!

Cool! Enjoy the heck out of it!

Just today looking through the platinum pack I realized Andy shot IRs of some of his studio gear also, so you can add the Preamps in the Neve desk into the final mix. He even has an IR for the cabs themselves and the room... You are meant to run them in series I believe in signal chain order with cab lab and export the final mix out. I'm gonna try it this weekend so stand by...

Is that bronze pack updates to the current factory IRs or are they made to go with the presets in the Axe?
It seems like the silver would be the best option to get a ton of IRs without spending too much. Thoughts on that?

New video ! I used three presets with small tweaks ; I should have made the lead one brighter probably. The clean one is just a stereo take, with clan amp on the right, acoustic simulator on the left. I bypassed the shimmer block, with it it's even more glorious sounding, lol

What kind, if any adjustments would you normally make to a patch like this if you were running straight to board ?

The reason I ask is because I am currently going through a phase where I just cant seem to get that "killer live tone" I recall your live vid of Megadeth (eye of the tornado) and it sat well in your mix..

I apologize for being off topic here guys...

Guys, I've updated the Dropbox with a new folder containing all individual presets, sorted by genre.

The alternate versions are labelled as such. Also check the READ ME.txt file. There's a total of 494 presets, counting the alternative versions

Tomorrow, I'll upload new presets made with the brand new JS410 amp models !
Downloaded your presets Fremen....Maybe the best $30 I ever spent...Much thanks for your hard work

Is that bronze pack updates to the current factory IRs or are they made to go with the presets in the Axe?
It seems like the silver would be the best option to get a ton of IRs without spending too much. Thoughts on that?

Not to de-rail the thread, but the write up on the Cab Factory website would be the definitive source so check that to keep me honest. I believe Bronze is the preset bundles created by TAF to show off each speaker. (These have nothing to do with the Fractal presets, so don't want to get those confused...) These bundles would put each IR on the scratchpad so you could save it to a user spot and have a basic set of great IRs representing each speaker. The Silver pack is just the IRs (which is a ton!) but no preset bundles I believe. The platinum pack is EVERYTHING with updates as time goes by, but I haven't seen any updates to the bundles since they came out. The preset bundles would have to be played with Quantum 2 and might need a little tweaking. Andy might give us a bundle update now that Quantum is out, but I haven't heard anything about that... Hope that helps

I tried out a few of the presets in the Platinum Pack yesterday. They sounded great!! If any adjustment was desired, its smart to save current amp in X, copy it to Y then reset the amp and tweak until your ears like it :)

Back on the thread topic at hand...

AxeFx II - A lot of $
Atomic CLRs - A lot of $
Focus Monitors - A lot of $
Freman's Presets to make it all sound better - $30.00

This is officially a NO BRAINER!!!

I have spent all morning going through the bundle presets with Quantum release. (I did need to reset the amps after loading btw), and when I think of how many thousands of dollars I have wrapped up in my AxeFX rig, these 30 bucks to showcase everything I have purchased is such an obvious choice. I feel like my rig just got a major upgrade with all these amazing patches. All for 30 bucks!

Buy it!

Not to de-rail the thread, but the write up on the Cab Factory website would be the definitive source so check that to keep me honest. I believe Bronze is the preset bundles created by TAF to show off each speaker. (These have nothing to do with the Fractal presets, so don't want to get those confused...) These bundles would put each IR on the scratchpad so you could save it to a user spot and have a basic set of great IRs representing each speaker. The Silver pack is just the IRs (which is a ton!) but no preset bundles I believe. The platinum pack is EVERYTHING with updates as time goes by, but I haven't seen any updates to the bundles since they came out. The preset bundles would have to be played with Quantum 2 and might need a little tweaking. Andy might give us a bundle update now that Quantum is out, but I haven't heard anything about that... Hope that helps
I was looking on their site and it was a little confusing. So the bronze gives you 400+ actual Axe presets that each showcase a particular IR? And the silver only gives you mixes of the cabs whereas the gold gives you all the IRs plus all the mixes?

I was looking on their site and it was a little confusing. So the bronze gives you 400+ actual Axe presets that each showcase a particular IR? And the silver only gives you mixes of the cabs whereas the gold gives you all the IRs plus all the mixes?

I just took a look on the site and bronze gives you the preset bundles, 450+, silver seems to give you the mix IRs, gold gives you all of the IRs, meaning the individual mic IRs and the mixes made from those mic IRs. Platinum gives you everything. This is my take anyway, if you need definitive info, I would ping Andy. I'm really just a fan of how these IRs sound and as you can see you get a TON in this box!

I just took a look on the site and bronze gives you the preset bundles, 450+, silver seems to give you the mix IRs, gold gives you all of the IRs, meaning the individual mic IRs and the mixes made from those mic IRs. Platinum gives you everything. This is my take anyway, if you need definitive info, I would ping Andy. I'm really just a fan of how these IRs sound and as you can see you get a TON in this box!

I'm pretty sure you're right. If we're correct in our assumptions would it be better to have the presets or the mixes? I would think the mixes since there's more of them and i do tend to gravitate towards mixes in many of my patches. As much as i would like the gold I don't wanna spend that much right now.

you have holdsworth-esque presets?
There is one, made by Simeon, in the free bank - I share one bank for free with presets I didn't create in the first place, even if I modified them. I guess some of my own blues/fusion presets can be used for Holdworth style legato too, although I didn't create any preset with Holdsworth in mind. Get the three bank from http://axefremen.blogspot.com/2016/02/fremen-quantum-20-presets.html ; it's the first download link in the post

I started working on my sounds for a Pink Floyd tribute project. Here's the lead sound for a song which I played for the last time in 1990, and which I need to learn some parts again. Check the dropbox "New presets" folder for that one, and updated "Comfortably numb" and "David Gilmour's gear" presets :cool:

So chewy! Your recall of a song you last played 26 years ago is enviable. More Gilmour! Thanks for the value-adds to your great preset pack!

Back
Top Bottom