Fremen Quantum 2.0 presets

Does the Amp Factorys cab need to be converted to sysex using Cab Lab 3 ?

Also not having many IR libraries, will I have a wide range of choices (for Rock/Blues style playing) if I get the TAF Big Box Gold (IRs only no presets ) and the Ownhammer Studio Collection? Is there anything else that would be wise to get?

( I do own Cab Lab 4 and 5. Also TAF Legends)

Last edited:

Also not having many IR libraries, will I have a wide range of choices (for Rock/Blues style playing) if I get the TAF Big Box Gold (IRs only no presets ) and the Ownhammer Studio Collection? Is there anything else that would be wise to get?

Nope, you don't have to touch cab lab. You just drag and drop them using Axe-Manage Cabs in Axe Edit.

EDIT: Thinking back, this was a while ago and I might have converted them from WAV, can't remember... There is a free version of CabLab now and if I did have to convert them, it's a batch process and it keeps your directory structure so it's super easy...

As far as IRs, TAF Big Bundle is my favorite ever, and I bought the platinum. Cliff literally called them the best IRs on the planet.
I would also recommend the OH 2x12 collection that Freman recommended as they are used so much already in his presets: http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=157&products_id=353

I wouldn't get bogged down in IRs, just grab a few you really like and try different amps with them. It's like I said on a recent post. Pretend you have hundreds of amps at home and you just brought home a new cab. Plug 'em in, try them out!

To everyone, I would say to remember that modding Freman's presets piece by piece is stepping in the direction of creating your own. At least you will be figuring out what it is that YOU like and what works for YOU.

Last edited:
I guess you mean FAS cab packs 4 & 5 ?

Can't remember that, I must check, but I'm at the office right now

I don't know the TAF Big Box, but so far I have find what I like mostly in the FAS cab packs and Ownhammer. I don't remember what the sudio collection is, but as I wrote before, the OH 212 MAr-66 is great, and there's plenty of options with the FAS cab packs too, they're very good and cover everything. If you're more into rock and crunch sounds, there's cab packs 20, 18, 17, 16, 15, 10, 8 and 6… You chose, lol !

I guess you mean FAS cab packs 4 & 5 ?

Can't remember that, I must check, but I'm at the office right now

I don't know the TAF Big Box, but so far I have find what I like mostly in the FAS cab packs and Ownhammer. I don't remember what the sudio collection is, but as I wrote before, the OH 212 MAr-66 is great, and there's plenty of options with the FAS cab packs too, they're very good and cover everything. If you're more into rock and crunch sounds, there's cab packs 20, 18, 17, 16, 15, 10, 8 and 6… You chose, lol !

LOL! Im pretty much overwhelmed with all the choices and a profound lack of knowledge regarding which would be the best for me :)

Nope, you don't have to touch cab lab. You just drag and drop them using Axe-Manage Cabs in Axe Edit.

EDIT: Thinking back, this was a while ago and I might have converted them from WAV, can't remember... There is a free version of CabLab now and if I did have to convert them, it's a batch process and it keeps your directory structure so it's super easy...

As far as IRs, TAF Big Bundle is my favorite ever, and I bought the platinum. Cliff literally called them the best IRs on the planet.
I would also recommend the OH 2x12 collection that Freman recommended as they are used so much already in his presets: http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=157&products_id=353

I wouldn't get bogged down in IRs, just grab a few you really like and try different amps with them. It's like I said on a recent post. Pretend you have hundreds of amps at home and you just brought home a new cab. Plug 'em in, try them out!

To everyone, I would say to remember that modding Freman's presets piece by piece is stepping in the direction of creating your own. At least you will be figuring out what it is that YOU like and what works for YOU.

Thanks Manny. I do have the Cab Lab Lite to convert the wavs so thats no big deal. I forgot that I did buy the Big Box Bronxe. So Andy is going to let me upgrade to Platinum. (Are you sure Cliff said that about these IRs ;)

Thanks Manny. I do have the Cab Lab Lite to convert the wavs so thats no big deal. I forgot that I did buy the Big Box Bronxe. So Andy is going to let me upgrade to Platinum. (Are you sure Cliff said that about these IRs ;)

Here it is from the man himself:

I have to say this again: these IRs are among the best on the planet. Anyone who hasn't purchased these hasn't heard what the Axe-Fx is capable of, errrr, of what capable is the, uhhhh, capable of is what...

The Bronze Pack really just focused on the Presets...

• All AxeFX Preset Bundles 450+ (New Preset + IR all in one)
  • 30 Speaker cabs captured then Amps made to match.
  • All Guides/docs/Wallcharts
  • Free Full Support
I just spoke to Andy and hes giving me an upgrade code to Platinum. All is well :)

• Free Full Support
I just spoke to Andy and hes giving me an upgrade code to Platinum. All is well :)

Cool! Enjoy the heck out of it!

Just today looking through the platinum pack I realized Andy shot IRs of some of his studio gear also, so you can add the Preamps in the Neve desk into the final mix. He even has an IR for the cabs themselves and the room... You are meant to run them in series I believe in signal chain order with cab lab and export the final mix out. I'm gonna try it this weekend so stand by...

Sounds complex. I will be following the KISS Principle when utilizing IRs (Keep It Simple, Stupid). Multi speaker mixes in Cab Lab aint my thing. But if its yours....Enjoy!

Sounds complex. I will be following the KISS Principle when utilizing IRs (Keep It Simple, Stupid). Multi speaker mixes in Cab Lab aint my thing. But if its yours....Enjoy!
Yes, That's a good policy for most things in life. This is going to be easy peasy, stay tuned!

I strongly recommend that you purchase this wondrous set of presets immediately. It is the best 30 bucks I have spent perhaps ever (well there was that time in New Orleans - but that wasn't strictly legal). I downloaded the set yesterday and have played with approximately 5 for hours! The set contains some of the best presets I have ever heard. They run the gamut from delicious high gain, endless sustain rockers to ethereal ambient dreamworks. You will not be disappointed - seriously BUY THIS NOW!

How much was the upgrade to platinum?

• Free Full Support

Seriously Fremen, this pack combined with Q2 is outstanding, I've not messed with any user/commercial cabs as yet but you don't really need them, there are so many usable tones right off the bat using the stock cabs. I find a preset I like and end up jamming for half an hour and then switch to the next one and repeat. I've not played this much in ages!!!

Back
Top Bottom