Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

I just checked.
that new "Filter Slope" setting in the amp block isn't showing so ya, new Axe Edit. not really a big deal though it's a minor setting, I just use Axe edit 99.9% of the time.
I saw in a post that the slope filter is in the cab block.

Just D/L 2.0 FINAL now.

239 Amps but no Satch amps ?

In Alpha order

141 Jr Blues Fat
142 Jr Blues
143 Matchbox DC30

I could be missing something very obvious though :) ?

Ben

I never tried the beta.

This firmware represents a significant update in the amp modeling

this is no exaggeration. I am amazed. This just totally makes my custom made presets completely outstanding... and I don't want to sound negative but I've been here since FW 10 and this is the 1st time i'm getting an "wHoly mutherfackingsheeeeetballls!!!!" after an update. That's using a pair of Atomic CLR active wedges. It's cleaner, and more defined. Smoother yet raw at the same bloody time... this is sick.... I haven't even tried the new amps or the cab block filter...

this is no exaggeration.
Absolutely no exaggeration. Flipping between my Axe II (Quantum 2) and my AX8 (Quantum 1), the improvement is clear. I'm eagerly awaiting the porting of Q2 to the AX8.

Search the amps for js410.

Hey - did that already - nothing.

Do you have 239 Amps ?

I assume that with

JS410 Crunch OR
JS410 Crunch RD
JS410 Lead OR
JS410 Lead RD

It should (?) be 243 Amps with the Satch amps (?) - definitely only 239 here and the above 4 are definitely not there.

Im wondering if when Fractal fixed the links, they [maybe] linked to a FW without these Amps ?

Ben

Hey - did that already - nothing.

Do you have 239 Amps ?

I assume that with

JS410 Crunch OR
JS410 Crunch RD
JS410 Lead OR
JS410 Lead RD

It should (?) be 243 Amps with the Satch amps (?) - definitely only 239 here and the above 4 are definitely not there.

Im wondering if when Fractal fixed the links, they [maybe] linked to a FW without these Amps ?

Ben
I guess you're using Axe Edit? If so, use the 'Refresh after firmware update' button, or whatever it's called.

I need to go to work now so I will not download the firmware. I have beta installed, so the official release can wait. After all, it is not going anywhere right? :)

BTW Thanks Cliff and FAS Team! You are gentlemen and scholars.

if you go to my Beam page, you can view my last stream where i played through the JS amps and some other things.

i didn't play particularly well tonight, so i won't be saving the stream, but you can see it for now until i stream again. just click "watch latest stream."

you must view the site with Chrome or Firefox though :)

https://beam.pro/axefxtutorials

just ran through the JS amp models and hoo-boy thats some tasty overdrive character. its didnt sound like your typical hi gain stuff but the feel of it was there, along with all the clarity you could want out of a rhythm tone. this amp was completely off my radar and now i think im in love haha

Back
Top Bottom