Axe-Fx II "Quantum" 2.00 Public Beta Numero Tres

HOLY CRAP... I didn't think it could get better. IIC+ Brt/Dp model was good before, I loved it as it was. It's just so... chewy now... on single coil, back the volume off on my Suhr... Heaven to play through. Harsh is gone. I always ran a little dip at 950 to 1khz post cab... No need.

:D If it's all in my head, I'm fine with it. Don't anyone tell me.

I tried this version tonite for about an hour and went back to Beta 2...maybe it did not load right...I'll try again. I use mostly low-mid gain amps (Fender, Vox, Marshall) and some just didn't feel/sound as good on these, to my ear.

There were no changes to the modeling. It was just some bug fixes.

Got to hand it to you Cliff..... Given that you see these type of responses EACH AND EVERY TIME you give us a firmware up, and yet you just keep on giving us updates even though you know what the expected responses will be.... Your a better man than me.

Just updated to Tres. The Triptik may be my new favorite amp - WOW is all I can say. Virtually no tweaking. Started a brand new patch, dialed up the Triptik Classic, lowered bass, boosted mids and treble a bit - and BAM ! Amazing.... The triptik clean is awesome too with the gain turned up around 8. Gives just that nice bit of fuzziness.
I never could really gel with the Tucana for some reason. It always seemed a little dark for me. I messed around with it a bit with the new FW and I think I'm going to have to re-visit it again. I was really liking the tones I'm getting.
Maybe some day Cliff could get his hands on a JB100, eh Cliff??
Seriously AWESOME job on this update.

Back
Top Bottom