First ML Cab Pack for 2016: "The Little Guy"

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
This Cab Pack has been released: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/cab-pack-23-ml-usa-2x12-citrus-2x12.112809/

EDIT:
The cabs included in this Cab Pack are:

ML USA 2x12: Based on a Mesa 2x12 with 70w 16Ohm V30s. Brighter with more juicy middle bite than other Mesa cabinets I've done.

ML Citrus 2x12: Based on an Orange 2x12 with 60w V30s. This one has been toured and worn in real good so it's a very full sound with 0% sizzle.

I'm not at home. I haven't seen my Axe-Fx in 4 months at this point... but I still have the session I used for the Brit Collection demonstrations so I chose the Guns N' Roses song and picked an alloy IR from both packs. As always the tones are raw and unprocessed so these tones are achievable plug'n'play and in this case even the preset wasn't tweaked for the sounds.

USA 2x12:

Citrus 2x12:

The "based on Mesa" alone is a keeper but many of the beta guys ended up preferring the "based on Orange" cab for it's fatness. It really does something special to the high end and is extremely flat. Can't wait for you guys to try these out. :)

OP: Where do you go after you just released the biggest, most versatile and expensive Cab Pack (20) you've ever done? Even further? Maybe later. Honestly pushing out a huge pack like that was a long process and a huge risk although I'm happy to say it was a huge success. I want to thank you guys for loving the work and a very special thank you goes to Cliff for announcing his go-to IR being an Alloy IR from Cab Pack 20. I have big plans for 2016 which I will continue not to talk about. :D Let's just say that you're in for a treat and all wishes will be granted. I have a lot of gear waiting for me when I get back home from the US.

Before releasing CP20 I thought it was a little bit risky so I created a backup plan that was the opposite of Cab Pack 20. It's the perfect pack for people who are not sure what Cab Packs can do to your sound. This is the entry level Cab Pack. The gateway drug... I'm officially looking out for "The Little Guy". :)

I just created the first beta of the pack 15min ago and it's in good hands being tested right now. You will get to hear what it's all about soon enough but until then I'll keep the mystery alive. It will have two cabinets in the pack. They are not the same color. They are not the same brand. One is probably the woodiest cab I've done. One is probably the most cutting cab I've done. They are two of the best selling cabinets in their class. You should be able to guess what it's all about based on this information but I love to tease.

Are you ready?!

Clips coming "soon".

Last edited:
I want to thank you guys for loving the work and a very special thank you goes to Cliff for announcing his go-to IR being an Alloy IR from Cab Pack 20.

which IR was it?

Cliff said it was the: ML Brit.

Here's his quote: "I use ML Brit PR55 SM57-R121 01 on everything right now. It's balanced and clear and lets the tone of the amp through."

Okay so I just got word that these IR's were passed on to the FAS beta team so I feel comfortable sharing the news. :) The cabs included in this Cab Pack are:

ML USA 2x12: Based on a Mesa 2x12 with 70w 16Ohm V30s. Brighter with more juicy middle bite than other Mesa cabinets I've done.

ML Citrus 2x12: Based on an Orange 2x12 with 60w V30s. This one has been toured and worn in real good so it's a very full sound with 0% sizzle.

I'm not at home. I haven't seen my Axe-Fx in 4 months at this point... but I still have the session I used for the Brit Collection demonstrations so I chose the Guns N' Roses song and picked an alloy IR from both packs. As always the tones are raw and unprocessed so these tones are achievable plug'n'play and in this case even the preset wasn't tweaked for the sounds.

USA 2x12:

Citrus 2x12:

The "based on Mesa" alone is a keeper but many of the beta guys ended up preferring the "based on Orange" cab for it's fatness. It really does something special to the high end and is extremely flat. Can't wait for you guys to try these out. :)

I really like the Orange cab in the mix. It's a little more present and a little fatter as you say.
Exactly. There are many 2x12 cabs out there and they all claim to sound as huge as a 4x12 but that is sadly rarely the case. These two cabs are the ones that come closest out of what I've tried at this point. The Citrus 2x12 is actually even fatter than the 4x12 in Cab Pack 19. The USA 2x12 has those 16ohm speakers which is actually once again another rare variant of the V30. Very different sounding to any other V30 out there. :)

Back
Top Bottom