SeeD - Bass preset for 1.06 Q. Have fun

Here I am before 1.06Q saying "I'll reset my presets, I won't need Seed's bass patch because I'll make my own".
Then you go and post this, literally a few days later.. Been using it since!

Loving all of the tones. Really great work.
Just one question: For most of the scenes I get some nasty hum in between notes if I happen to damped the strings.
Should I slide each of the blocks over a space and add a gate before the compressor? Or do you recommend another method to solve that?
I've got an Ibanez BTB 5 string with active Bartolini pickups if that helps at all.

Cheers!

Just one question: For most of the scenes I get some nasty hum in between notes if I happen to damped the strings.
Should I slide each of the blocks over a space and add a gate before the compressor? Or do you recommend another method to solve that?
Just tweak the input gate for your bass in your environment. No need to spend a block by adding another gate.

Man that Dingwall sounds nice! Holy feck! And thanks for the presets, i doubt it will sound as near as good with my Ibanez srf805 but anyway! Definetly gonna check these out.

I'm rocking it with a SR804 here. Had to do SOME tweaking because strangely enough, an Ibanez Soundgear isn't the same as a Dingwall!

That said, still really possible to get a great tone.

Wow! i can't believe how this preset sounds. My 100 euro bass sounds incredible, thank you very much for your work.

Still feeling like i should have gotten axe fx instead of ax8...... This would be my all time go to preset but the two amp settings are no with the ax8.

Has someone converted this into ax8 version successfully.??

Still feeling like i should have gotten axe fx instead of ax8...... This would be my all time go to preset but the two amp settings are no with the ax8.

Has someone converted this into ax8 version successfully.??

Exactly same question and feeling from my end. I need to convert this for us with AX8, but how can we account for the missing amp block? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

i'll try to convert it anyway and see where i get... The video sounds incredible, i hope i can get close to that amazing bass tone with my ax8 and fender pres!

@SeeD : thanks for sharing !

I just tried to convert this preset to ax8 format. I've not yet had the chance to plug my bass into the Ax8 and try the converted preset, which i'll do as soon as i'm back home after workday.

When converting the preset, FracTool asked me what to do with the 2 cab blocks, merge them into 1 cab block or shunt one of the 2 cab blocks?

I went for the shunt option but i'm wondering if that's what i'm supposed to do.

I think the best way to accont for the missing cab block in the ax8 would be to use a ultrares stereo cab block, loading the @SeeD's IR on the left channel and the other IR on the right channel.

Does all of this make sense?

I'll report back as soon as i've the chance to try the converted preset.

Thanks again!

I just tried to convert this preset to ax8 format. I've not yet had the chance to plug my bass into the Ax8 and try the converted preset, which i'll do as soon as i'm back home after workday.

When converting the preset, FracTool asked me what to do with the 2 cab blocks, merge them into 1 cab block or shunt one of the 2 cab blocks?

I went for the shunt option but i'm wondering if that's what i'm supposed to do.

I think the best way to accont for the missing cab block in the ax8 would be to use a ultrares stereo cab block, loading the @SeeD's IR on the left channel and the other IR on the right channel.

Does all of this make sense?

I'll report back as soon as i've the chance to try the converted preset.

Thanks again!

soooo..
Ok guys !

After a looong time, i have sat myself down and tried to make some new presets for you all.
I was thinking of the Ax8 guys this time :)
Since the AX8 dont have 2 amp blocks.. i used the amp block 1 to get the "low" sound.. and the b7k drive model to add some "dirt" to the sound

Let me know what you guys think.
Yes you can share the preset as you will. And someone must make a AX8 convert preset for the guys with the Ax8 (I only have a good old Mark II Axe FX)

3 presets, with 2 scenes
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6694
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6695
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6696

Enjoy !

After a looong time, i have sat myself down and tried to make some new presets for you all.
I was thinking of the Ax8 guys this time :)
Since the AX8 dont have 2 amp blocks.. i used the amp block 1 to get the "low" sound.. and the b7k drive model to add some "dirt" to the sound

Let me know what you guys think.
Yes you can share the preset as you will. And someone must make a AX8 convert preset for the guys with the Ax8 (I only have a good old Mark II Axe FX)

@SeeD - that's so much appreciated! Thank you for sharing the new presets, i'll try to convert them for AX8 format and share them on this thread asap. I've tried to convert your previous presets but I got no success due to the missing amp and cab blocks so i'm excited to try this one!

I'm looking forwards to trying the converted preset on my ax8 and share the results.

Thank you so much again!

Back
Top Bottom