FX8 3.0 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get around to it as needed. I see how it works, but sticky scenes works for most of the patches I've created for the way I use it I'm sure I'll find the footswitch functionality useful for certain things... it's just that I'm more of a scene based player.

I hear yeah. That's me as well. I just found that this took the place of that.

For my purposes a maximum of 4 scenes per preset suffices.
More than 4 are hard to remember anyway, IMO.

So on the AX8 and FX8 I assign the bottom 4 footswitches to scenes 1 - 4.
And the top 4 switches to other tasks.

On the AX8 I use global footswitches.
My workflow on the FX8 is different, so on that device I assign switches per preset.

Exactly. I was in rehearsal last night and found I needed to a new scene but it was going to come between S2 and S3. This woulda been relatively annoying on fw 2. On fw 3 I just changed the s3 button to s4 and s4 button to s3. So my scenes went 1, 2, 4, 3. Took about 30 secs and I was off.

Other things can take a bit longer, like editing blocks which are no longer connected to switches. But once you cop onto the process the added time is trivial

to those who already tried it: is it working properly?

yes...

I have tried it pretty extensively and have run into no issues... in fact it fixes a variety of known bugs... not that you won't run into something, but I certainly haven't and have used it to redo old presets, make new presets and rehearse our set a few times with no issues, other than me doing stupid stuff or not knowing how to do some new things...

i lied - one more request: allow the looper to be in arbitrary places in the signal chain.

Ever since the release of the Axe-Fx Ultra with its Looper effect block, users have been asking for a global Looper, instead of an effect block.
So the FX8 introduced the global Looper. Which can be positioned at the most logical and convenient spots in the routing.
Now you ask for a Looper effect block... ;-)

yes...

I have tried it pretty extensively and have run into no issues... in fact it fixes a variety of known bugs... not that you won't run into something, but I certainly haven't and have used it to redo old presets, make new presets and rehearse our set a few times with no issues, other than me doing stupid stuff or not knowing how to do some new things...

:) thanks man !

Ever since the release of the Axe-Fx Ultra with its Looper effect block, users have been asking for a global Looper, instead of an effect block.
So the FX8 introduced the global Looper. Which can be positioned at the most logical and convenient spots in the routing.
Now you ask for a Looper effect block... ;-)
hahahahah

There's no winning. ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom