Bogner Ecstasy Pre Amp Eq. b1, n, b2

Coby

Inspired
Hello everyone,
I've searched in the forum and in the Wiki but I've found nothing that explains what is the parameter that I can tweak in the EURO BLUE or RED models to simulate the original pre amp eq. b1, n, b2 or that explains with which of these settings has been done the model. Someone can help me?
Thank you very much and excuse me if the theme has been debated elsewhere but I've not found it.
Coby

Change the bright cap value. In the real amp I believe it's B1=470 N=Bright off, B2=4700 for the gain channels and B1=100, B2=220 for the clean channel.
The Axe model is based on the 20th anniversary model and those values might be different.

Our reference amp is a a 20th anniversary and N = Bright Off, B1 = 150 pF and B2 = 1000 pF for both channels. The models default to B1. Change the Bright Cap value to 1 nF to emulate B2. Or better yet use your ears to select a value that sounds best.

As on the real amp, once you turn up Input Drive beyond a certain point, the b(right) switch state doesn't matter much anymore.

FWIW, I keep it off because Drive is always past 6 in my XTC Blue presets. And I like my XTC Red dark.

Our reference amp is a a 20th anniversary and N = Bright Off, B1 = 150 pF and B2 = 1000 pF for both channels. The models default to B1. Change the Bright Cap value to 1 nF to emulate B2. Or better yet use your ears to select a value that sounds best.

Thank you very much for the informations, I couldn't ask more! :)

Back
Top Bottom