Cable "snake" solution for AX8?

JayCM800XL

Experienced
I've seen a few pictures of AX8 setups and I'm very turned off by the rats' nest of cables connecting it.
I would like to see if anyone has overcome this with some sort of "snake" cabling? And what to buy/ where to get it advice... Thanks

These cats are great for a commercial off the shelf solution https://www.pedalsnake.com/

I changed to making my own looms by getting cables of the length I want and using black electrical tape to bundle them and create a loom. It ends up being tidy on stage.

I like being able to quickly get the cables apart for replacing etc. so that's why I use electrical tape vs. wire ties.

Thanks guys! I'll try to go with a minimal set up (one guitar cable, one XLR to FOH, humbuster to FRFR cab, power main to outlet) so I don't even think I'll benefit from bundling the cables as they need to go all in different directions... Hmmm...

In my current setup (still no Ax8), I have five cables (amp input, FX send, FX return, channel switching, and a monitor signal going back) between board and amp organized in a sleeve, two cables (voice and in-ear) going to the mixing desk in a sleeve, and two cables (guitar signal and in-ear) going to me in a sleeve. It is very fast to connect, and fairly organized on stage.

I recommend braided fabric sleeves over plastic ones as they are gentler on the cables, and they pack away more easily. This is an example
http://www.smarthome.com/techflex-c...-inch-braided-cable-sleeve-black-25-feet.html

With the Ax8, the number of cables will be reduced, and I intend to replace some of the cables with wireless, but I will still be using braided fabric sleeves.

I make cable snakes similar to below.
We use the stuff at work out in the factory for cable looms. The only difference is I heat shrink over the end to secure the cable braid at each end and provide a neat output for the cables.

h1ditjanwyuqanak02m7.jpg

What inch diameter braid works best for 3 or 4 standard cables?

I make cable snakes similar to below.
We use the stuff at work out in the factory for cable looms. The only difference is I heat shrink over the end to secure the cable braid at each end and provide a neat output for the cables.

h1ditjanwyuqanak02m7.jpg

I use the pedal snake with my FX8. You can do hum buster with it too. I ordered a couple of the TRS plugs, and I run the TRS pigtail at the Humbuster out, and a TS into amp and effects return. Works awesome.

I just realized I'll only need power and a single XLR back to the mixer/snake. This will be the easiest setup ever... I monitor through IEM. This will rock.

I just realized I'll only need power and a single XLR back to the mixer/snake. This will be the easiest setup ever... I monitor through IEM. This will rock.

This is what I'm looking forward too with the worship band.

I'm going to run it in 4CM with my Friedman for my rock band stuff. I already do this with the FX8, but it will be cool to have the choice of amps for a clean channel.

I'll second the TechFlex Sleeve stuff... it's very affordable on Amazon... Makes a nice snake... I did a 4CM snake with it a while back when I was using a H&K Grand Meister + HD500X... and a 2xMIDI + Power snake when I was using a FCB1010 with my Kemper. an IEC power plug will fit in a 3/4" (.75") sleeve.

Back
Top Bottom