Axe FX 2 XL+ into Atomic CLR active wedge AND Logitech 5.1 Surround - WOW!

nznat

Experienced
Ok i own an Axe FX XL+ and an Atomic CLR Active Wedge. On my PC i have a 5.1 Surround System, Logitech's top of the line z5500 (500 watt) plugged into the Axe Fx through its coaxial output connection. You can actually run the CLR AND the 5.1 at the same time out of the Axe fx unit.

My discovery was simply a massive wow factor and then some. The tone was amazing, simply amazing! Its like the 5.1 gave the CLR what was missing from it. Sometimes i find the CLR gets a little too bassy, and BOOMY, even when you try to dial it out, but when you add the 5.1 system and get both volumes just right, to balance each other, you get this absolutely massive surround tone that is as authentic as a big concert hall, and it simply sounds right. The amp tone sounds right, the speakers, the effects, really spot on

I was using the surround system to play backing tracks from youtube and play over top of, (and gaming), lol, then switched to coaxial out of the axe fx unit to the 5.1 and boom, it was a rare find. Even after all these years of analog only, and playing with so many amps and pedals, i have to say, this was a freakish find.

Try it people!! Its a cheap way get huge accurate tone without paying mega bucks getting stereo CLR or matrix cabs or what ever. Its my 2 cents anyhow.

Interesting... Just so I'm understanding you, you used the digital out on back of the Axe and ran that into the computer that your 5.1 is hooked up to?

Interesting... Just so I'm understanding you, you used the digital out on back of the Axe and ran that into the computer that your 5.1 is hooked up to?

No, i used a coaxial cable directly out of the Axe FX unit into the 5.1 surround sound. The PC isnt even used, dont need that going for the surround system to see the axe fx unit. fantastic. If you look up the Z5500 logitech 5.1 system, you will see that it has an external stand alone desk top controller and pcb inside that controller, thus, that system doesn't need a PC or other software to run it. Incredibly good surround system for the money. ive put a lot of people onto it. Amazing for movies and 500Watts is enough boom for big rooms. Its great because the CLR wedge creates exact FR FR tone, so you get accurate amp and speaker tones from that, and the 5.1 doesn't interfere with that tone, yet its very pure anyhow: what you put into it, comes out, sort of like the CLR, or ball park anyhow. Then match the volumes accordingly so one doesn't over shadow the other. Sounds like you have like ten CLR cabs then. very cool!

Back
Top Bottom