ML Bulb Angle Citrus: The second Misha Mansoor / ML Cab Pack

May I ask for a quick comparison between these and pack 20.
I'm aware of differences regarding general Marshall cabs and these which are supposedly more "metal", but I know most cabs can be used for any style.
I am however somewhere in between. I like tightness, clarity with a rawer, basic tone in the bottom.
Think Sfogli and Petrucci creamy but precise solo work mixed with something rawer and basic, maybe like Yngwies first albums(100% Marshall).
I don't play anything like djent at all, more like hard rock/80's metal rhythm with fast and modern solo work a'la Sfogli/Petrucci.
Which pack would give me the best of both worlds?

Last edited:
Just bought this cab pack tonight. It's the first of them I've bought, always used stock IR's up until this point. From what little I've messed with them so far I'm blown away. They sound extremely balanced and just all around fantastic. I plan on picking up the bass pack next, and probably either the class-a 2x12 or fender 2x12 pack in the near future. Thank you for your expert IR making skills!

You want cab pack 7. CK USA Trad SM57-MD421 01.syx is the best impulse ever made.
It's definitely one of the best IR's you can find. :)

The Angle cab is actually a bit similar to Cab Pack 7. It's the same size cab with V30s but front loaded with 60w V30s while Cab Pack 7 has 70w V30s. Angle sounds a bit meaner maybe.

May I ask for a quick comparison between these and pack 20.
I'm aware of differences regarding general Marshall cabs and these which are supposedly more "metal", but I know most cabs can be used for any style.
I am however somewhere in between. I like tightness, clarity with a rawer, basic tone in the bottom.
Think Sfogli and Petrucci creamy but precise solo work mixed with something rawer and basic, maybe like Yngwies first albums(100% Marshall).
I don't play anything like djent at all, more like hard rock/80's metal rhythm with fast and modern solo work a'la Sfogli/Petrucci.
Which pack would give me the best of both worlds?
It's definitely not "just a djent pack". A good IR sounds great no matter what the genre. Citrus isn't only known for it's metal tones but it's unique British flavor. That Angle cab is being used by f.ex. Steve Morse. (Petrucci's biggest influence)

I don't even djent. Good pal Misha djents occasionally. ;)

Just bought this cab pack tonight. It's the first of them I've bought, always used stock IR's up until this point. From what little I've messed with them so far I'm blown away. They sound extremely balanced and just all around fantastic. I plan on picking up the bass pack next, and probably either the class-a 2x12 or fender 2x12 pack in the near future. Thank you for your expert IR making skills!
Thank you so much for the awesome feedback Thorpe! :)

I'm sure you'll like the other packs as well. Personally I love the Class-A because it's really versatile. The American 2x12 pack is probably the best pack for cleans!

Alright, just purchased these and will test them out in a bit. Feeling good though as I loved the other Bulb cab pack.
I'm sure you'll like them all. I tend to have my top 10 IR's from different packs that I try out whenever creating a new sound. I rarely end up using the same IR twice in a row. There will be a cool video out soon demonstrating how Misha's new mixes sound in a mix. They all sound impressive in their own way. :)

I'm sure you'll like them all. I tend to have my top 10 IR's from different packs that I try out whenever creating a new sound. I rarely end up using the same IR twice in a row. There will be a cool video out soon demonstrating how Misha's new mixes sound in a mix. They all sound impressive in their own way. :)

That sounds great! Cant wait to see that! Well If you had to pick one (thats the situation im in right now) which would YOU pick. Cab pack 7, or 19? I have and LOVE 13.

That sounds great! Cant wait to see that! Well If you had to pick one (thats the situation im in right now) which would YOU pick. Cab pack 7, or 19? I have and LOVE 13.
Definitely 19. Cab Pack 7 is one of the best cabs I've done but if you have 13 then you definitely want more variety so 19 is the way to go. The Angle in 19 is actually a bit similar to CP7. :)

Sounds something like this here in my end. ;) Only double tracked guitars hard panned L/R and lead riff in the center. Besides the Mesa cabs i've always had a crush on ENGL cabs and your IR's work great for my taste.
Oh yeah dude! You can hear that it's going sound pro in a mix. That's really good. :)

Back
Top Bottom