David Lee Roth/Steve Vai | Ladies Night in Buffalo? - Solo [These ML Sound IRs are AWESOME]

TheTrooper

Inspired
AWESOME.

The new IRs included in the Quantum are incredible. (PreRola 55 M160 and 75)
Except for bass and drums (duh) all the other sound are from these incredible cabs, and I used a Marshall JMP as Mr. Vai did on Eat'em and Smile (Supermega modded).
I tried to deliver the most accurate sonic image of the original, by having the guitar sound panned 50% or more to the Left, and a delay of 70ms with 1 repeat 50% Right. (and I use the new Digital Mind Guy delay, which freaked me out when I heard it, because is so DAMN GOOD.)
Oh, there's a reverb in the middle too.
Same sounds on the other guitars (cleanish chords underneath the solo) without all the delay and reverb.

I will do the full video cover of the song in the next few days and will post both the rhythm and lead presets.
If you guys don't know Eat'em and Smile, you just have to check it out.
So twysted and crazy, both guitarwise and lyricalwise (Elephant Gun/Big Trouble, anyone :D )

Hope you guys like it!

You have the tab for that, by chance?

Pretty solid - the sound is good and the playing is pretty close. There were a few minor timing things and some of the dynamics were not as good as Vai... but, hey, probably better than I could do and you are NOT Vai, after all :rolleyes:

One of my all-time favorite albums and a very cool Vai solo!

you got some serious chops bro...eat em and smile is a great album and dlr best imo
Thanks!
Oh yeah, Eat'em and Smile is great.
Like, GREAT.
Very '80s and funny from what concerns the lyrics and SO FREAKIN' '80S for the guitars.
I dig Skyscraper a lot too; i like the more "poppish" aspect for some stuff, but It has great straight-ahead Hard Rock stuff too.
But Eat'em has Yankee Rose.
And Big Trouble.
God I love that furious Tapping run that he did.
I have to do that solo too, absolutely.
:D

You have the tab for that, by chance?

Pretty solid - the sound is good and the playing is pretty close. There were a few minor timing things and some of the dynamics were not as good as Vai... but, hey, probably better than I could do and you are NOT Vai, after all :rolleyes:

One of my all-time favorite albums and a very cool Vai solo!
Yeah, I screwed up some notes, in fact I didn't want to post it honestly, but being that my warm-up before anything else , I thought "Mmm, it's not spot-on, but I could live with that".
I missed a dive before the legato thing (or dived another note, not sure) and hit a different note on the alternate picked run, but when It's time for the full cover I will manage to do it almost perfect (because let's face it, except Steve Vai, no one is Steve Vai).
I love technical stuff and flamboyant '80s guitar licks, but the "lyrical" guitar line, after the solo is actually harder than it seems, because has some really good vibrato/bending action, and I always think that Feel > Shred. (And if it's Shred with Feel, than it's great Hah)

Oh, and Thanks dude!

PS: I see You're into Ibanez guitars dude!
You'll see the babe I used on that one! ;)

Yeah, I screwed up some notes, in fact I didn't want to post it honestly, but being that my warm-up before anything else , I thought "Mmm, it's not spot-on, but I could live with that".
I missed a dive before the legato thing (or dived another note, not sure) and hit a different note on the alternate picked run, but when It's time for the full cover I will manage to do it almost perfect (because let's face it, except Steve Vai, no one is Steve Vai).
I love technical stuff and flamboyant '80s guitar licks, but the "lyrical" guitar line, after the solo is actually harder than it seems, because has some really good vibrato/bending action, and I always think that Feel > Shred. (And if it's Shred with Feel, than it's great Hah)

Oh, and Thanks dude!

PS: I see You're into Ibanez guitars dude!
You'll see the babe I used on that one! ;)

Yeah, I feel you! I gravitate between the Feel and the Shred, and feel usually wins!

Trooperdude that was awesome! I haven't had the chance to try the new stock IR's as they are Cliff's picks so I'm very glad to hear an awesome clip like this demonstrate them for the first time. I'm impressed dude! I didn't even read the text at first nor did I know the song but I could tell it was Vai. You nailed it!

Trooperdude that was awesome! I haven't had the chance to try the new stock IR's as they are Cliff's picks so I'm very glad to hear an awesome clip like this demonstrate them for the first time. I'm impressed dude! I didn't even read the text at first nor did I know the song but I could tell it was Vai. You nailed it!
Thank you Mikko!
I guess Cliff knows how to pick! Haha
95% of my presets are Mesa but these cabs really made me like a lot more Marshall models.
They work like a champ with BE/HBE models too.

I know I'm late for the patches and the full cover as promised, but had some health and schedule problems that took time away from me.
Will post everything this week.
:D

AWESOME.

The new IRs included in the Quantum are incredible. (PreRola 55 M160 and 75)
Except for bass and drums (duh) all the other sound are from these incredible cabs, and I used a Marshall JMP as Mr. Vai did on Eat'em and Smile (Supermega modded).
I tried to deliver the most accurate sonic image of the original, by having the guitar sound panned 50% or more to the Left, and a delay of 70ms with 1 repeat 50% Right. (and I use the new Digital Mind Guy delay, which freaked me out when I heard it, because is so DAMN GOOD.)
Oh, there's a reverb in the middle too.
Same sounds on the other guitars (cleanish chords underneath the solo) without all the delay and reverb.

I will do the full video cover of the song in the next few days and will post both the rhythm and lead presets.
If you guys don't know Eat'em and Smile, you just have to check it out.
So twysted and crazy, both guitarwise and lyricalwise (Elephant Gun/Big Trouble, anyone :D )

Hope you guys like it!

This is one of my all time favourite albums, and pretty much played it weekly since it was released. Nice work.

Back
Top Bottom