Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.04 Firmware Release

Also from FW Update Guide:

Axe-Fx II XL Failsafe Firmware
The Axe-Fx II XL (introduced March 2014) has a built-in recovery mechanism to protect against firmware update
issues. (The original and Mark II models do not include this feature).

In the rare event that an error occurs during firmware update and your Axe-Fx II XL will not boot, please perform the
following steps:

1. Turn the power OFF.
2. Press and hold BOTH “Page” buttons:
3. While holding both Page buttons, turn the power ON. Once the unit boots release both buttons. The unit
will boot into failsafe update mode and a UTILITY menu will be shown.
WARNING: Do NOT execute any of the <ENTER> functions on the TEST screen or data loss may occur!
4. Select the FIRMWARE page if it is not already selected. The display will read “Version 0.00”.
5. Start Fractal-Bot an update the firmware as you normally would.
If you require assistance, or your unit is NOT an Axe-Fx II XL, please contact support"

Also from FW Update Guide:

Axe-Fx II XL Failsafe Firmware
The Axe-Fx II XL (introduced March 2014) has a built-in recovery mechanism to protect against firmware update
issues. (The original and Mark II models do not include this feature).

In the rare event that an error occurs during firmware update and your Axe-Fx II XL will not boot, please perform the
following steps:

1. Turn the power OFF.
2. Press and hold BOTH “Page” buttons:
3. While holding both Page buttons, turn the power ON. Once the unit boots release both buttons. The unit
will boot into failsafe update mode and a UTILITY menu will be shown.
WARNING: Do NOT execute any of the <ENTER> functions on the TEST screen or data loss may occur!
4. Select the FIRMWARE page if it is not already selected. The display will read “Version 0.00”.
5. Start Fractal-Bot an update the firmware as you normally would.
If you require assistance, or your unit is NOT an Axe-Fx II XL, please contact support"

Yea I dont have an XL - it's a mark II

Awesome.

Of my two go to amps, Fas Modern sounded a bit fuzzy/flubby with Q1.03 yet the pvh6160II sounded much more controlled and defined.

Fas Modern is back to its usual lean and mean self with Q1.04 and pvh6160II is still benefitting from the recent changes made in 1.03.

Thanks Cliff!

Now if only I could get rid of this nasty ground-hum...

Being new to the Axe I have to ask, is it intended that you reload the Ultrares IR's that come packaged with the firmware updates every time you update?

Dear FAS team,
I am incredibly grateful for your continue commitment to improving your already amazing product and providing even more opportunities for inspiring tones. Never before has there ever been such achievement and creativity available for all musicians, not just a few. You guys have truly innovated "tone".

Back
Top Bottom