Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.02 Firmware Release

The new delays sound great, but act strange: with as little as 20% feedback, I get constant self oscillating repeats, if I put it lower, I only get 1 or 2, there doesn't seem to be anything in between. The older delays don't behave like that

Which types/delay time, settings, etc.? Testing with the mono and stereo BBD, I get normal behavior. I have to go above 70% to get real oscillation. At 30-50%, I get normal decaying repeats.

TT

Holy crap. You've gotta try the FAS Hot Rod with Cab 54. I've never heard a more divine palm mute. Reminds me a lot of the HBE with less weird midrange.
I need to try this later. I'm bringing a peavey 15 inch monitor home. For some reason I don't get the palm mutes that I hear on the axe tutorial vids. Could be my ears deceiving me, since we don't hear subtle nuances when we play ourselves, as opposed to someone else playing with the same tone.

FAS Hot Rod is my version of what a modded Marshall should be. I find the BE/HBE a little too boomy and scooped. Bogners are too dark. Splawns don't have enough compression. Etc. So it's my take on a hot-rodded Marshall tone.

I found it a little honky/boxy in the brief time I tried it, but I just used the new IRs so it can probably be worked around by IR choice.

FAS Hot Rod is my version of what a modded Marshall should be. I find the BE/HBE a little too boomy and scooped. Bogners are too dark. Splawns don't have enough compression. Etc. So it's my take on a hot-rodded Marshall tone.

Absolutely my favorite!

The Silverface Twin is super on point.

The Fenders sound better ALL the time. I'm sure they've always sounded great - I think that when I first purchased my unit there was a lot of user error in dialing mine (using the master knob instead of the level knob for dB, for example).

The more Fenders the better as far as I'm concerned.

While I certainly welcome more amp models, I'm especially eager to try the new delay types; especially the Deluxe Mind Guy (although I kind of like the name Deluxe Mnemonic Man).

Are there modded Marshalls you especially like overall?
Any opinion on Fargen?

Ok thanks. I thought Mark I and Axe FX II was different.
Yep, the Axe II (Version or Mark 1) was the next in line from the Ultra. Then a Mark 2 was added, before the XL, then the XL+... they're all Axe Fx IIs, but there are some differences between the first two and last two, firmware-wise

The Hot Rod model truly is sort of a "best of" Marshall tone.

I found it a little honky/boxy in the brief time I tried it, but I just used the new IRs so it can probably be worked around by IR choice.

So I spent a little more time with the Hot Rod at lunch today. I was leaving the master at a lowish 5-6 previously. Once I dimed the master and dropped the bass more aggressively things started working better for me. The other Brit options are the same for me so I guess it shouldn't have taken me as long to figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom