Feel like the "red headed step child?"

DavidE

Power User
So AX8 is shipping to someone.

AX8 includes effects not included in the FX8.

The FW or software tweaks in the AX8 are supposed to translate to the FX8, so hopefully we'll see the grid and additional effects in the FX8 soon, but so far I'm feeling left out and even ignored.

How about a little love for those of us who paid their money months ago?

Just asking.

what are you asking? for them to drop all they are doing and release an FX8 update right now?

If it's ready, sure. If it's not, how about at least some indication of what will be included? And maybe a reasonable time frame? Any real communication would be welcome actually.

For what it's worth, I have no issue with Chris' question. It's as legitimate as my post.

I think some of us overestimate the number of people and man-hours available for creating FAS products and updates. Could there be more/better communication? Sure, in any situation really.

I hardly doubt FAS is sitting on the FX8 update. Since 2007, they typically release things as soon as they are ready, sometimes a bit too fast. A lot of this is being mixed up with the pending AX8 release, so yes, it might feel like FX8 isn't getting any attention solely because everyone is discussing the AX8. Cliff said he wanted to release an Axe FW update a week ago, but that didn't happen. So something is obviously taking up their time.

I too would appreciate the FX8 update :) But the less we dwell on it, the faster it will appear. Squeaky wheels don't always get the grease. Sometimes you just get rid of the wheel for a new one. ;)

(Not sure if I'm allowed to post more in this thread, but I'll take a chance.)

but so far I'm feeling left out and even ignored.

o964F8H.gif

It's pretty clear what he's looking for, and how to interpret his post. Don't you think?

Guys, there's no reason to gang up on Chris. He's one of the most helpful guys here and I've annoyed him in the past so he may think I have an agenda or something. His question is fair. With everything that is going on at FAS right now, what do I want? I'm also waiting for the AX8, so I don't want to see any delay there either.

I guess the simple answer is that I want a bit more communication. Not cryptic communications, but something along the lines of the changes coming to the FX8 firmware and the available blocks that have already been programmed into the AX8 that will be added to the FX8. Since the AX8 is shipping to at least insiders, artists, etc..., it seems that the software/firmware side is pretty set and this information should be available. 15 minutes or less on an update post would be nice.

If the efffects blocks in the AX8 and FX8 will be the same (and I can't imagine why they wouldn't), a quick update to the product pages for both would be welcome. I think most of the work has been done on this already from the FX8 launch and people interested in both have been asking for a while. I guess it is just strange to me that we wouldn't have this basic information at this point in time. But that's me.

Again, FAS will do what it wants.

Guys, there's no reason to gang up on Chris. He's one of the most helpful guys here and I've annoyed him in the past so he may think I have an agenda or something. His question is fair. With everything that is going on at FAS right now, what do I want? I'm also waiting for the AX8, so I don't want to see any delay there either.

I guess the simple answer is that I want a bit more communication. Not cryptic communications, but something along the lines of the changes coming to the FX8 firmware and the available blocks that have already been programmed into the AX8 that will be added to the FX8. Since the AX8 is shipping to at least insiders, artists, etc..., it seems that the software/firmware side is pretty set and this information should be available. 15 minutes or less on an update post would be nice.

Again, FAS will do what it wants.

Not ganging up on him at all. Your post was pretty easy to interpret (ie - easy to understand what you meant).

No idea why I even posted in here. I should know better than to get caught in this garbage. Hope you get the answer you are looking for.

I think some of us overestimate the number of people and man-hours available for creating FAS products and updates. Could there be more/better communication? Sure, in any situation really.

I hardly doubt FAS is sitting on the FX8 update. Since 2007, they typically release things as soon as they are ready, sometimes a bit too fast. A lot of this is being mixed up with the pending AX8 release, so yes, it might feel like FX8 isn't getting any attention solely because everyone is discussing the AX8. Cliff said he wanted to release an Axe FW update a week ago, but that didn't happen. So something is obviously taking up their time.

I too would appreciate the FX8 update :) But the less we dwell on it, the faster it will appear. Squeaky wheels don't always get the grease. Sometimes you just get rid of the wheel for a new one. ;)

(Not sure if I'm allowed to post more in this thread, but I'll take a chance.)

Do you feel like FAS needs you to reply on their behalf?

Yeah, pretty much. I'm home recovering from surgery and bored. Plus the effects of the anesthesia and post-op meds haven't worn off and I'm feeling pretty Charlie Brownish.

as expected. i'm sure once the dust clears, we'll see an update. Let me tell you this, as a software engineer, and a consumer I prefer waiting a bit longer for a quality release. Nothing worse than an update, followed by a scramble update to fix mistakes you missed, or worse, broke. I also imagine much of the work that went into the ax8 is portable to the fx8, so even working on the ax8 has a benefit for fx8 owners.

So AX8 is shipping to someone.

AX8 includes effects not included in the FX8.

The FW or software tweaks in the AX8 are supposed to translate to the FX8, so hopefully we'll see the grid and additional effects in the FX8 soon, but so far I'm feeling left out and even ignored.

How about a little love for those of us who paid their money months ago?

Just asking.

David, I don't know how long have you know Fractal and the forum, but if you are new and your first product is the FX8, I kind of understand not seeing updates, those legendary FW releases so frequent it makes some people go mad.

But please be sure Fractal team will continue with such releases once the AX8 is out, they are not a huge team, they are a dedicated focused team that strive to deliver products that reflect that American Made quality that's been in decline on so many USA made products.

We all have learned to be patience with the Fractal team because we, most of us anyways, understand that by being patience the rewards will be greater then the torture wait.

Back
Top Bottom