MFC-Edit v4.2 Released

bwanagary

Administrator
This new release of MFC-Edit has a few enhancements like detection of new Java updates on the Mac and the user can choose single/double-click on cells in the SETS page to drop down the list of songs, but its mostly a bug fix release related to drag-n-drop functionality.

See the release notes for additional information.

When I open my current version of MFC-Edit ver. 3.5, I receive a message telling me that a download is available for MFC-Edit 4.2. I click the button, and a window comes up telling me that it is downloading the zip file to c:\users\eric\MFC-101, but the download doesn't go through. I checked the directory with file explorer and only the old version is there.

When I open my current version of MFC-Edit ver. 3.5, I receive a message telling me that a download is available for MFC-Edit 4.2. I click the button, and a window comes up telling me that it is downloading the zip file to c:\users\eric\MFC-101, but the download doesn't go through. I checked the directory with file explorer and only the old version is there.
Go to the Help menu in MFC-Edit and check for update again. You may have been downloading it while I was uploading a new build.

Hi Gary, I just tried it again with the exact same results.

When I first start the program, instead of the program opening, I receive a message that says:
CONFIRMATION!
An update is available for MFC-Edit.
You have version 3.5 Build #2774 installed
and version 4.2 Build #3225 is available.
Release Date: November 15, 2015
Do you with to download it now?
Yes/No

After I click Yes:

Then a new message comes up that says:
Downloading version 4.2, Build #3225
0%
File has been downloaded to:
C:\Users\Eric\MFC-101\mfc-edit-win.zip

But still I have checked and the new file is not in the specified directory. :(

A few other things I tried was temporarily disabling my antivirus, and I also changed the folder properties of MFC-101 to remove the read only attribute. No dice either way. I made sure that the license file was in the MFC-101 folder as well.

* Sent you a PM.

Last edited:
Eric, please a support ticket with the contents of the "View Errors" pane on the EXTRAS page immediately after you attempt the update. That'll help me troubleshoot. I think I can see what the problem is already. The mfc-home folder should be C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\MFC-101 - the displayed name is missing the "Desktop" folder in the pathname. Open a support ticket please - I'd like to respect other forum users by not cluttering it with debugging :)
Thanks
-G

Hi Gary, I just downloaded & installed the update. When I select a patch number, after I click the number, it increments by 1. In other words, if I click on 55, 56 appears after the dropdown disappears. I checked the Base Config tab & both the MFC & Axe offsets are "1" which is normal for me. Just for grins, I uploaded to the MFC & everything in my songs was off by 1. Thanks!

Thanks. I've just tried nearly every combination and can't replicate the behavior. If you would, open a support ticket, attach your sysx file and copy the contents of your EXTRAS->View Errors page into the ticket.
Thanx

Thanks. I've just tried nearly every combination and can't replicate the behavior. If you would, open a support ticket, attach your sysx file and copy the contents of your EXTRAS->View Errors page into the ticket.
Thanx

Thanks Gary. Ticket is 10396. Error text pasted into the ticket & sysex file attached to ticket.

Back
Top Bottom