Thordendal Modern vs. Recto 1 Modern Red

blackcom

Inspired
So Thordendal Modern is "probably" based on Recto 1 Modern Red (?) but does anyone how the Original Recto design was modified to make the Thordendal Modern? I've noticed it's voiced different and has less gain but still has a Recto'ish sound.

Anyone knows for sure, Cliff?

I'd be interested to hear a bit about this too. I think the Thordendal Modern actually predates the addition of the Recto 1 models, so it's more likely that it is linked to the Recto 2s somehow. But all of the Recto models have been overhauled since then, so who knows how closely related they are at this point.

What happened was this: the old Recto models weren't terribly accurate. When G3 came out the models were accurate but Fredrik contacted me and said something like "ahhhhh, I loved the old Recto model". So I took the old Recto models and made them "Thordendal" models.

What happened was this: the old Recto models weren't terribly accurate. When G3 came out the models were accurate but Fredrik contacted me and said something like "ahhhhh, I loved the old Recto model". So I took the old Recto models and made them "Thordendal" models.
Do you mean when MIMIC came out? Or have I forgotten the timeline completely again?

No worries - doesn't matter. That came out as trying to poke holes in the narrative in a way I didn't intend. Sorry!

Cool to have an explanation, I was wondering if they were tweaked in some way, or if they were just the old recto models.

I would assume its the old Recto2/RectoNew, since that was the model they were using (if I remember correctly) in the rig rundown on youtube.

Was just reading the wiki and came across this gem ....I loved the "recto new" on the Ultra probably my fav amp on there. Might have to give this a whirl!

Back
Top Bottom