Friedman JJ | ML Brit Collection | new IRs from ML SoundLab!!!

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
Hey guys,
I started to mess around with some of the IRs from the (upcoming) Brit Collection pack (all info here http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ml-brit-collection-the-mothership.105956/), they are the BEST Marshall IRs I've ever tried, swapped all my older cabs in my Marshall-type patches with these, so much more defined and mix-ready!

Here I'm going for a Friedman JJ-type sound, recorded a flew clips from Alice in Chains' "Black Gives Way To Blue", always loved the guitar tones on that record! Jerry probably used a combination of a Bogner Shiva and a Friedman Marsha in the studio, I'm using the HBE model into a couple of the new IRs, the PR55 E906 C1 (based on a 1969 Pre-Rola Marshall 4x12 cab with T1511 55hz speakers) and the PR75 SM57 A1 (based on a 1973 Pre-Rola Marshall 4x12 cab with T1221 75hz speakers).
I also recorded a Mastodon riff and a Periphery one just for fun :D

these IRs are gonna be released sometime this month so keep an eye out for them ;)!

You simply rule, bro! The tones are great. (Great AiC reference too. Man, what a great album right? I have to say, I think it's my favorite of theirs.)

You simply rule, bro! The tones are great. (Great AiC reference too. Man, what a great album right? I have to say, I think it's my favorite of theirs.)
thanks man! yeah absolutely! the overall production on that record is just phenomenal, it's got some of my favorite drum sounds ever actually!

I'm listening to this with some Bose earbuds and I almost dropped my phone. Holy crap that sounds insane. Had to make sure I wasn't playing the actual AIC record. What guitar did you use to record this with? Pickups and what not?! If you don't mind me asking.

I'm listening to this with some Bose earbuds and I almost dropped my phone. Holy crap that sounds insane. Had to make sure I wasn't playing the actual AIC record. What guitar did you use to record this with? Pickups and what not?! If you don't mind me asking.
thanks dude!:) it's my Chapman ML1 Hot rod, it's got a Seymour Duncan 35th Anniversary JB, love that pickup!

Attachments

• ML1 Hot Rod.jpg
    ML1 Hot Rod.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom