Yngwie Malmsteen Plexi [w/ patch]

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
Hey dudes!
Here's my take on Yngwie's tone from the mid/late 80s, in my opinion his best period as far as composition, playing and tone, he was just f****n' untouchable!!
I've used the 1959SLP Treble dimed into a pair of stereo cabs, the 4x12 TV Mix C4 (ML) and the 4x12 Basketweave TV Mix!
I'm using my Fender USA Strat with Custom Shop Fat 50s pickups, no post processing on this clip, check it out :)

Keep in mind you'll need an XL/XL+ to load the patch, of course this sounds best with single coil pickups but try it with humbuckers for some instant 80s hot-rodded plexi glory ;)

Attachments

• YNGWIE's PLEXI.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
Totally agree about that era being his best. I was just trying to dial in an Yngwie tone the other day, but its a bit hard with high output (painkiller) pickups haha. I'll try and modify this to see if it works. Thanks!

That sounds nice and the playing isn't bad either ;)

Anyway would could give us some screenshots of the amp settings for those of us that don't have an XL? Also, isn't there a way now to export the patch settings into a text file?

Totally agree about that era being his best. I was just trying to dial in an Yngwie tone the other day, but its a bit hard with high output (painkiller) pickups haha. I'll try and modify this to see if it works. Thanks!

haha yeah even with a strat you can get like 60/70% there, the rest is all in Yngwie's hands!

That sounds nice and the playing isn't bad either ;)

Anyway would could give us some screenshots of the amp settings for those of us that don't have an XL? Also, isn't there a way now to export the patch settings into a text file?

Thanks:) I honestly don't know about the text file thing, but here you can see the amp settings! reverb is a large plate, mix set at 28%, the enhance is on the modern setting with width and depth at 50%

Attachments

• AMP.png
    AMP.png
    321.6 KB · Views: 346
dhMeAzK.gif

Back
Top Bottom