Recording via USB to Reaper

LoPaN

Inspired
Hi all

So ive been dabbling with recording via USB to Reaper, question I have is I can't adjust the level of the guitar? I move the level up and down for the guitar track but it does nothing? once I record something I can change it but while monitoring I cant, I couls when I use to use a Focusrite interface. Its probaly something i'm doing wrong im very new to recording!

thanks
Alan

You can adjust the level of the Playback or whatever tracks you recorded before in Reaper you know...and the current recorded guitarlevel you can adjust on the Axe ....

OP clearly said that he is recording through usb to reaper (I.e. no external interface). How can he optimise the input level into reaper? For example when I record to reaper via usb the signal is like -15dB. Obviously not going to get the best signal to noise ratio like that.

Does anyone know the way to adjust this?

Hi all

So ive been dabbling with recording via USB to Reaper, question I have is I can't adjust the level of the guitar? I move the level up and down for the guitar track but it does nothing? once I record something I can change it but while monitoring I cant, I couls when I use to use a Focusrite interface. Its probaly something i'm doing wrong im very new to recording!

thanks
Alan

Increase the Level parameter in the Amp block.

yeah you gotta go into the I/O menu on the axe itself and adjust from there, the fader in reaper doesn't change the level of the incoming audio

Hmm. I was hoping there would be a fader to adjust usb out level higher. If the only way is to increase amp block i.e. preset level. I think im going to have to go back to my interface to optimise the input level. Monitors are already loud enough I dont want to be getting 15 db louder

Hmm. I was hoping there would be a fader to adjust usb out level higher. If the only way is to increase amp block i.e. preset level. I think im going to have to go back to my interface to optimise the input level. Monitors are already loud enough I dont want to be getting 15 db louder

It's possible with Output 2 Echo = Output 1, USB/Digi Out Source = Output 2. Then use Output 2 global EQ gain to increase recording level by up to 12 dB. If more boost desired, increase level in preset and reduce Output 1 global EQ gain by same amount.

I use the preset output level in the Axe FX to adjust that quickly. For recording I check the dB meter of the recording track and play until it peaks about -10 dB (reset dB meter every time after adjustments with double click on it, since it memorises the last peak).

not sure to be able to answer properly, but as chris said the best way is to raise the level of amp bloc to match the output 1 level of your guitar to minitors (Axe FX monitoring) and your other tracks within reaper.

If you want to have the real level of your track with other tracks only within reaper, just define a new guitar track and arm the record button.
Then you can adjust your guitar level within reaper. (you should see the bargraph working for your guitar, which is not the case without arming the track

I hope it can help.
Not sure if everything is explain 100% right, but this is what i do and it works for me.

not sure to be able to answer properly, but as chris said the best way is to raise the level of amp bloc to match the output 1 level of your guitar to minitors (Axe FX monitoring) and your other tracks within reaper.

If you want to have the real level of your track with other tracks only within reaper, just define a new guitar track and arm the record button.
Then you can adjust your guitar level within reaper. (you should see the bargraph working for your guitar, which is not the case without arming the track

I hope it can help.
Not sure if everything is explain 100% right, but this is what i do and it works for me.

Sorry, yeah thats what I ment in my post above and thats how I do it....

Back
Top Bottom