ML Class-A Cab Pack!

dude...you rock.

i've been using the AC30 a lot recently with the new ownhammer IR's, which also sound great, but i'm really looking forward to trying these too!

any suggestions for a good place to start? i don't have cab-lab 3, so mixing is a bit of a hassle...

ML Class-A SM57-E906 01.syx is my new favourite. I have played for more than an hour a/b testing these IR's and "the old stock" from various sources and this just sounds phenomenal in my setup.

Thanks!

dude...you rock.

i've been using the AC30 a lot recently with the new ownhammer IR's, which also sound great, but i'm really looking forward to trying these too!

any suggestions for a good place to start? i don't have cab-lab 3, so mixing is a bit of a hassle...

The Ace folder is once again a good place to start. The Alloy Aces are what I use personally but the single mics give me a little bit less of that overproduced sound. So... when I want my guitars to sound a bit smaller like in the verses f.ex. I might use an SM57 IR but when the chorus kicks in I want to fill the spectrum with a nice Alloy IR. :)

Great job as always, Mikko! I loaded in the presets (presets!! - AWESOME) and I just started playing and playing last night to the point I have a solid foundation for a new song. The tone actually inspired music! If that's not mad props, I don't know what is. :eagerness: Keep up the great work, bro.

Great job as always, Mikko! I loaded in the presets (presets!! - AWESOME) and I just started playing and playing last night to the point I have a solid foundation for a new song. The tone actually inspired music! If that's not mad props, I don't know what is. :eagerness: Keep up the great work, bro.

This is the highest compliment I can get! :) Imagine these sounds inspiring music that ends up inspiring other people. This is what we're here for. Create. Get inspired. Nike. Just do it.

I lost my seriousness. :D I'm very glad that the presets work. I'm sure they sound completely different depending on the guitar but I'm confident they're balanced presets.

I'd love to hear more samples! :)

This pack comes with Preset-Cab Bundles that I A/B'd to sound as close to the 1964 real thing as possible. SC stands for single coil and HB stands for humbucker. So this time there's no need for any IR searching. I did it for you. :) But obviously you should experiment with other IR's at some point to get the most out of the pack.

Here are samples of all of them:

[soundcloud]https://www.soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/ml-class-a-preset-cab-bundles[/soundcloud]

As always my IR's are mix ready and 100% natural. Here's a sample:

[soundcloud]https://www.soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/ml-class-a-in-a-mix[/soundcloud]

Another example:

[soundcloud]https://www.soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/axe-fx-quantum-vox-ac30-treble-boost-with-ml-sound-lab-irs[/soundcloud]

Remember to have fun with these. :) You get amazingly realistic results by using the TB 30 amp sim and just touching the drive, bass, treble and hicut knobs.

I hope I wasn't out of line, but I went into Soundcloud and commented on the Bundle clips as to which Bundle each section was. Let me know if I got them wrong though......they all sound KILLER btw!

Absolutely fantastic Mikko, thanks! I needed some Vox-style tones for a recording yesterday, these arrived just in time and made it incredibly simple to get an amazing mix-ready sound in no time at all.

Also, I love the format of this pack, with something for all levels of tweaking - the presets and aces are perfect if you need to create something fast (and they all sound awesome - I just used three different presets for recording, no tweaking required), but there's a lot for digging in too. I'd really love to see all your packs in this format, helps you get the most out of them for sure... :)

Absolutely fantastic Mikko, thanks! I needed some Vox-style tones for a recording yesterday, these arrived just in time and made it incredibly simple to get an amazing mix-ready sound in no time at all.

Also, I love the format of this pack, with something for all levels of tweaking - the presets and aces are perfect if you need to create something fast (and they all sound awesome - I just used three different presets for recording, no tweaking required), but there's a lot for digging in too. I'd really love to see all your packs in this format, helps you get the most out of them for sure... :)

Thanks for all the kind words James. I definitely have the user's perspective in mind when ever I create these packs. All of my packs include the Ace folder and that used to be the easiest and quickest way to get immediate good tones. The Preset-Cab Bundles make everything even easier. :) I'm very glad that these presets worked for you.

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for this pack.
My genre is clean guitar instrumentals like Hank Marvin and The Shadows most based on Strat and Vox Ac15 and Ac30. I have purchased many AC30 IR's in search for that sound and Quantum Q1.1 fixed the amp and this pack using SM57 and M160 mics have gone almost the rest of the way. Obvious having a '64 AC30TB with Celestial Blues provided the foundation.

I would have liked to see a U47 mic in the mix as that's the mike used in many of the 60's Abbey Road recordings. From photos, they were placed about a metre directly in front of the amp and maybe another one located for ambience.

But this post be about thanks to you and the quality of this pack.

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for this pack.
My genre is clean guitar instrumentals like Hank Marvin and The Shadows most based on Strat and Vox Ac15 and Ac30. I have purchased many AC30 IR's in search for that sound and Quantum Q1.1 fixed the amp and this pack using SM57 and M160 mics have gone almost the rest of the way. Obvious having a '64 AC30TB with Celestial Blues provided the foundation.

I would have liked to see a U47 mic in the mix as that's the mike used in many of the 60's Abbey Road recordings. From photos, they were placed about a metre directly in front of the amp and maybe another one located for ambience.

But this post be about thanks to you and the quality of this pack.

Thank you for the kind words and I'm glad I can help. :) A vintage U47 would be a dream come true to own but sadly I don't. A proper working one is actually quite hard to find. :)

Mikko, could you please tell us something about the mic placement number?? for example 57 A1 vs A4, what would be cone and what would be cap? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom