Line 6 Helix Reviews Are Starting to Appear...

yeah, you should really be able to play the guitar before you post a vid trying to pimp a product.

Or play something within your wheel house. Even if it's just strumming chords or holding chords to let the effects be heard in a demo that purports to show the effects.

I haven't recorded in a studio in years, so I don't know how bad my timing would be. It's certainly a different animal than playing live.

The timing issues and inability to dial in convincing guitar tone were present in each of his "demos". I hate to be a hater, but it's the harsh truth. What shocked me were the responses praising how great they sound.

yeah, you should really be able to play the guitar before you post a vid trying to pimp a product.

I have a feeling that the AX8 UI will be quite easy to work with though. The scribble strips are something I could see being included in an AX8 deluxe model.

In the meantime, I'm interested in those glow in the dark labels.

I assume Ax8-Edit will be similar to FX8-Edit. Pretty. Easy to use.

But I also assume that the screen on the AX8 will give me similar or less information than the FX8. Is the scren actually smaller? On the AX8 to allow more room for the dedicated knobs (which I like)?

I assume Ax8-Edit will be similar to FX8-Edit. Pretty. Easy to use.

But I also assume that the screen on the AX8 will give me similar or less information than the FX8. Is the scren actually smaller? On the AX8 to allow more room for the dedicated knobs (which I like)?

The LCD in the AX-8 is the same as the FX-8 and Axe-Fx II XL+. 160x80 pixels.

The UI on the AX-8 pales in comparison to the Helix. We put the money into the sound portion.

the way people move their body to the beat clues me in to a bunch of things as to their musicality.

just found this:

Last edited:
Well, there's a definite improvement over the stock IRs, but Quantum clearly blows that modeling out of the water.

Kevin's already moved on from those excellent IR collection. FAS and IR production are moving forward a fast pace. The rest get to play catch up.

The UI on the AX-8 pales in comparison to the Helix. We put the money into the sound portion.
Not a worry ..... I'm tall and not getting any younger and the eyesight is getting iffyer by the day..... so I wouldn't see either one anyway ... but my earsight is still ok so I'll go with that

Lol, countdown to Line 6 taking this quote entirely out of context and pasting just that part of it in big bold letters on their home page.

Back
Top Bottom