Wish About scenes naming/screen display

Fab51

I read some posts about scenes naming and the info displayed on the fx screen and after messing around my fx today I imagined a simple and yet effective way to improve it without to much recoding.

I use my FX this way :
- presets = songs
- scenes = sounds of the song (rhythm, lead, clean, crunch etc)
- I never use stompbox mode and couldn't care less about them being displayed on my screen.

I'd like to be able to name my scenes but since there's 8 of them, I'd like too to have some way to know where's everything placed.

So why not add the scenes naming with full names and 3/4 letters nicknames AND gives us the ability to use the effects squares on the screen to display scenes nicknames. Like Instead of DRV CHR DLY, we should be able to put there scenes names (rhythm : RTM, clean : CLN, lead : LED)
Scene naming should be great but being able to do this would really help see where is that scene I need. I already have patches where I use up to 6 scenes and sometimes it's getting hard to remember if that scene I want is on the 4 or 5 for example.

What you guys think about that ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

that's a good idea.

Cliff did mention an FX8 update soon that will change how we can assign the switches (or something like that).

Great idea. I use mine the exact same way and was just going to suggest the same thing after seeing the individual screen idea on the Helix thing Line 6 has got. Per preset it would be great to label the scenes via the screen.

Plus the option to turn off the XY LEDs would be great also. I am mostly color blind and having all of the lights on can get confusing. I actually gaff taped over the XY lights. Works fine but looks like crap. Ha.

I read some posts about scenes naming and the info displayed on the fx screen and after messing around my fx today I imagined a simple and yet effective way to improve it without to much recoding.

I use my FX this way :
- presets = songs
- I never use stompbox mode and couldn't care less about them being displayed on my screen.

I'd like to be able to name my scenes but since there's 8 of them, I'd like too to have some way to know where's everything placed.

So why not add the scenes naming with full names and 3/4 letters nicknames AND gives us the ability to use the effects squares on the screen to display scenes nicknames. Like Instead of DRV CHR DLY, we should be able to put there scenes names (rhythm : RTM, clean : CLN, lead : LED)
Scene naming should be great but being able to do this would really help see where is that scene I need. I already have patches where I use up to 6 scenes and sometimes it's getting hard to remember if that scene I want is on the 4 or 5 for example.

I use my FX this way :
- presets = songs

Four years old, but still a great idea I think. We have some songs were I use all scenes of a preset and it's really hard not getting confused. At the moment I have to write down the scenes on our setlist to have a reminder which scene delivers which sound....

Back
Top Bottom