Ready for the Amp Show

That's my feeling. It will certainly delay the real need for an Axe FX III, which is not a bad thing.

Now to see some of the developments in the AX8's floorboard applied to the MFC! (If possible, of course)

IMG_1242.jpgIMG_1248.jpg

A special thanks and shout out to the LEGEND for allow me a Kodak moment. Thanks Cliff for letting me plug in and sorry I broke a string haha! A pleasure to meet Mark and Cooper as well. And if you haven't seen Andy Wood play guitar, good freakin' grief. As melodic as any guitarist I have ever seen, all while just shooting the breeze with those in attendance:encouragement:

I will be purchasing at least one AX8 as soon as Cliff makes them available8) Phenomenal tone, phenomenal

attachment.php
attachment.php

A special thanks and shout out to the LEGEND for allow me a Kodak moment. Thanks Cliff for letting me plug in and sorry I broke a string haha! A pleasure to meet Mark and Cooper as well. And if you haven't seen Andy Wood play guitar, good freakin' grief. As melodic as any guitarist I have ever seen, all while just shooting the breeze with those in attendance:encouragement:

I will be purchasing at least one AX8 as soon as Cliff makes them available8) Phenomenal tone, phenomenal

Any word on pricing?

You know, the only question I asked was could I take one home today. He said they were all going back home after the show:( I did not ask the price and I don't know why, other than I was busy playing and listening:numbness:

I think it needs to be 1,500 or less or you lose a significant chunk of the market. I'm not sure how much adding one dsp chip adds to production cost but the seem to be around 30 dollars after market. Obviously there's development and marketing costs but serious consideration to not out pricing themselves. less intuitive form factor will be quickly forgotten in leu of sound quality if they price this aggressively.

pima1234 posted on TGP:

"Looks like none will be sold at the show, and Cliff still has not decided on a final price. We might have to wait until after the amp show."

OK, it's October - any AX8 news?? | The Gear Page

That sounds right to me -- otherwise we would have heard a price by now.
But did anyone personally hear Cliff say that?

He personally said it to me, that I couldn't take one home from the amp show and that we were looking at a "couple" weeks, if I recall correctly:cry

Oh, wow. Well, they have to seriously consider everything then. Then are a much smaller company. They don't have the same financial backing as Yamaha-owned Line 6, and almost certainly won't sell the same volume of units (sadly).

If I remember correctly, when Line 6's assets were published prior to the acquisition, they had something like $50,000 cash. That would not have been enough to get Helix made.

With Helix breathing down the neck of AX8 already...and it having an expression pedal already included.....then pricing strategy is very important as it will dictate the relative success or failure of the product? I can only assume that the continued thinking on pricing is what has delayed the pricing decision......as its a somewhat flawed and questionable strategy to take a new product to a pre-eminent show....and not have a price to announce?

Back
Top Bottom