What A Tool!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are threads like this even allowed here? This thread is meant to start a gang mentality to attack somebody because they admit they made a bad recording? Jesus. Change your diapers people, they are FULL!

I know nothing about any bad recording, I was commenting on what I posted about....period. Jeeezzzz.

Wow again......you may be partially correct about the intent of the thread, but that does NOT change the fact that I believe my original post that you slammed, (but no one else's ?) to be correct, you know why? Because it is "my opinion". just like you may have an opinion that I don't agree with.

Just in case you miss this: BTW, "seriously underwhelmed and my 5150 blew the doors off it" That is a lack of knowledge about the axefx, plain and simple and that is what I based my post on---well and his wonderful choice of words..

So what if he was underwhelmed and his 5150 blew the doors off it? You are allowed to have your opinion but he is not allowed to have his? Also, if you had even BOTHERED to watch the video where he said that, he was talking about his FIRST Experience with the axe fx, from years ago, but the new technology has changed his mind. This is my exact point. People just reacting to what they hear without using their brains.

Great, the ever popular f**b*y statement.---Wow, you better go thru his videos again, I'd rather not thanks...and yes, You should be embarrassed as hell...............about your post............Who is the f**b*y here pal....

I hate that word. I really do.

Your post is the attack and foolish petty crap. I don't care who he is or how great you obviously think he is.....I was being kind in my post....

Your hate for the word fanboy is completely irrelevant. It's a very descriptive word that I use sparingly, only when needed. I do apologize for quoting you and then writing what I wrote, as it was not directed towards you completely, I just kept writing. Your comment I originally replied to does not in any way make you a fanboy, so I apologize for that. That being said, you can't deny at ALL that as soon as somebody says ANYTHING negative or in that nature about the AXE, the FANBOYS just start attacking that person like crazy. These people are Fractal Fanatics, hence the terms, FAN, and Fanboy is a slightly derogatory term to use for these people when they are acting in that manner is an extremely ignorant way, as many on this forum do. So get over the word, don't let it hurt your feelings so much bud.

First of all, let's try not to be mean towards Glenn as it doesn't serve a purpose. I know under that mean bear shell there is a sensitive guy with real human emotions.

I do understand that it's really hard for us to comment anything Glenn does without coming across as us trying to insult him. Even that sentence probably seems like an insult. I honestly don't mean to insult him but simply give my perspective to all this.

I'm surprised that people are surprised that the mix was bad.

Internet/YouTube personalities are somewhat an illusion. Or did you guys think I was really Superman? (I really am.. this is just me trying to cover up my tracks.) There are so many hobbyist home studio guys out there these days (including myself) and everyone is capable of giving a professional quality studio image of themselves by stacking a bunch of gear behind you when shooting every video. It gives an image of this being a professional guy. I would suggest people not to judge with their eyes but their ears. Think about it... How many professional audio engineers use Reaper as a DAW? CLA is the only professional engineer who is even remotely similar in his attitude as Glenn and he's got such a resume that he can afford to be like that. How many real professional audio engineers are only doing one genre? (there are some but not many)

The sad part is that I've honestly never been impressed with any of Glenn's clips and the main problem is not his mixing. The musicians he records are not very good. Recording music is capturing a performance and like Glenn himself said he should push the people doing the performance to do a better job. Also based on my "hobbyist engineer" experience there's a huge difference in mixing a good performer and mixing a bad performer. It's a completely different thing. With a bad performer you try to rescue the tracks to make it sound like a good performance. It's a completely different thing with a good performer. That is what I would call "real mixing". Mixing should be subtle correction enhancing a great performance. I would not work with any of those drummers that Glenn has in those videos.

So my point is, I'm surprised how many people take him seriously.
YOU'RE SUPERMAN?

Omg... now it all makes sense! Think about it, we have never seen him and superman in the same room before!!

Can't be Superman. He doesn't wear glasses. Plus all the ML IRs are made of a complex mix of Kryptonite & Adamantium, so if he was the Man Of Steel he'd die every time his super hearing picked up somehow sweep picking thru one of his super Cab Packs....

So what if he was underwhelmed and his 5150 blew the doors off it? You are allowed to have your opinion but he is not allowed to have his? Also, if you had even BOTHERED to watch the video where he said that, he was talking about his FIRST Experience with the axe fx, from years ago, but the new technology has changed his mind. This is my exact point. People just reacting to what they hear without using their brains.

You insist on grouping me in with everyone else....I am myself....I based my opinion on what I heard and what I saw.....Nothing else....I did use my brain. I did watch the whole video. Wasn't easy though. I do not "post" my opinions on youtube. Changing your mind after you make a statement does not automatically make the statement OK.
Anyway, this is getting old....I have no doubt part of the pushback is because of who the guy is. But that doesn't matter to me -sorry. Anyway Let's just call it even and over---I really don't want to fight anymore. My opinion stands and so does yours and so does his....

You can have the last word if you like.

Glenn kind of reminds me of Andrew Dice Clay. At first everyone loved him, or at least loved to hate him. Then people got bored and disappeared. I sense history repeating itself.

Glen is no different from many on this forum that have opinions. I actually get a good laugh from his Vids as he is just doing his thing and making a living. It's a shame so many musicians are such snobs that all they can do is armchair critique everything.

First, I'm NOT condoning bashing this guy, however, when you make it part of your internet persona to bash things you know people like, you had better be willing to take the punches, especially when you show even a little bit of a weakness.

I honestly do not feel sorry for this guy. He has made a career out of being a prick. Most of his feedback is negative, by design, because that's what he makes his views on.

People keep saying "he can have his opinions" but I'll be honest, I don't think half of his videos are about "his opinion" I think they are about getting views, period. He knows he can get views by being a dick, it's not exactly revolutionary, or complicated. It's his schtick, negativity is most of what he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You insist on grouping me in with everyone else....I am myself....I based my opinion on what I heard and what I saw.....Nothing else....I did use my brain. I did watch the whole video. Wasn't easy though. I do not "post" my opinions on youtube. Changing your mind after you make a statement does not automatically make the statement OK.
Anyway, this is getting old....I have no doubt part of the pushback is because of who the guy is. But that doesn't matter to me -sorry. Anyway Let's just call it even and over---I really don't want to fight anymore. My opinion stands and so does yours and so does his....

You can have the last word if you like.

You're basically saying that if somebody says something ONCE then that's just your opinion of them for life even if they change their mind through doing more research? Wow, please don't teach your kids to judge people like that.

First, I'm NOT condoning bashing this guy, however, when you make it part of your internet persona to bash things you know people like, you had better be willing to take the punches, especially when you show even a little bit of a weakness.

I honestly do not feel sorry for this guy. He has made a career out of being a prick. Most of his feedback is negative, by design, because that's what he makes his views on.

People keep saying "he can have his opinions" but I'll be honest, I don't think half of his videos are about "his opinion" I think they are about getting views, period. He knows he can get views by being a dick, it's not exactly revolutionary, or complicated. It's his schtick, negativity is most of what he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You summed it up perfectly.

You're basically saying that if somebody says something ONCE then that's just your opinion of them for life even if they change their mind through doing more research? Wow, please don't teach your kids to judge people like that.

OK I was out of this-I tried.. don't even mention my family - OK?. Just let it go-Please.

OK I was out of this-I tried.. don't even mention my family - OK?. Just let it go-Please.

Ah I'm just pointing out your ridiculous stubborn arrogance man. You seem to let a lot of people on the internet bother you way too much. Also, I didn't insult your family at all, and I can mention them if I want. I wouldn't insult them though. They haven't shown any reason to do so =)

as a professional audio engineer myself I can really understand why Glen took his video down.
he made a mistake and will fix it to come up with a cover that will sound way way better.

everybody here will still bash on him for no reason and complain about there tone sounding better anyways

if Glenn it doesn't like the Axe, I don't care I like Glenn and I like my axe, no matter what everybody here think, I will continue to enjoy both.

I'm sure Glenn will read this post, I'm sure he will laugh his ass off.
to that I say a friendly " Fuck you Glenn "
keep the good work going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom