Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

Oh and found a bug I think! Axe-Fx and Axe-Edit preamp tube types are not in sync with each other. Axe-Edit doesn't show the 12AX7A, ECC83 and 7025 but instead Authentic, Short Plate and Long Plate.

Will the new factory IR's be in the firmware download for the mark 1 & 2 owners?

WOW just loaded up the new firmware and played a bit on the friedman be. sounds nice and mean and more real! and the new Axe edit is really great! thanks fractal for all our hard work on this!

How about the Quantam Screen on LCD when you boot up-on the axe itself. Like it....I know, doesn't help the tone, but looks very cool................star trekkish :)

A LOT of work went into this. We hope you enjoy it.

Thanks! Just messing around with it now... sounds stellar! Your hard work is always appreciated.

Aside... As promised, you delivered, my IR mappings have returned to there normal state. Thanks again!

hi,
that noticable volume drop when selecting the "ideal" preamp comp type is normal behavior I reckon?
sounds fantastical btw!
chris

For those previously running the public beta of Quantum with Axe-Edit, please choose "Refresh after new FW" from the Settings menu in Axe-Edit 3.3 to get the latest block definitions.

Mike - thanks for putting the SAT control on the main amp tone page! You saved me 1,000 mouse clicks per year.

So are there now two FW forks: Quantum and FW19? Or is the FW19 fork dead and from now on all FW updates will be Quantum?

I'm not blowing smoke here, but this firmware is unbelievable. There is one of two things going on here. Either I didn't have a great install of the Quantum beta and was only getting part of the available tone, or this firmware is that phenomenal and I'm hearing the new tone that everyone is hearing for the first time.

I don't know what Cliff and Co. did but seriously this firmware release should be known as the "FRFR Release" firmware. Everything things so full, 3D-type tone, and just great. It honestly sounds like someone added a second 12" speaker to my Friedman ASM-12 FRFR cab. I don't even feel like I need to make any adjustments to my presets!

I don't know what you guys did but just outstanding. A few days ago I remember posting something about hoping Cliff eventually finds tweaks that will impact actual FRFR cabs and make the experience feel more like a real guitar cab. That day has come!!!

Hey Cliff...I'm assuming this means I/II users will have to pay for the cab pack to get the new factory cabs? If I'm correct..which cab pack is it? I didn't see anything called Universal Noise on the packs. Thanks!!

i believe the 20 cabs added to the XL units are from Cab Pack 14. it seems that non-XL users would need to purchase the cab pack. because the XLs have more room for Factory Cabs, they are being included.

non-XL users have been getting free things for a while, so i'm not sure we need to cry foul :)

So are there now two FW forks: Quantum and FW19? Or is the FW19 fork dead and from now on all FW updates will be Quantum?

just one.

QFW 1.00 is the new path.

19.00 was the last official FW of non-Quantum (with Public Beta 20.00 being the last non-Quantum release in general).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom