ULTRA FIRMWARE 11.0 MAY 9 2011

Hi there, just yesterday I updated the firmware to version 11.0. Nice score. Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Updates for Ultra?

I remember reading an article about the ultra, when it had only just been released and Cliff saying something like "You'll never need to upgrade the unit, just the firmware"
I have to say, even though FA have brought out the II (and I want one) they are, to my mind, still very mindful and aware of those of us who own the standard or ultra.

I'm quite sure in the near future Cliff and his team will give us more amp models in an Ultra update. And if not, we've still got the best guitar processor on the planet, who's moaning about that.

I LOVE my ultra, Iv'e got a Mesa Triaxis, an Eleven rack, a Rocktron Prophesy, a POD HD 500 and Boss GT Pro. Seriously, I don't use any of them. It's the ultra all the way. Both studio and live it just delivers tone by the bucket load.

Thanks Cliff.

http://www.allstarzero.co.uk;)

Don't have all that stuff; the ULTRA is sufficient for me. Still digging the unit and getting better sounds every day. Clean sounds are a bit more difficult (for me at least). Any update would be welcome but I consider that as "luxury", still enough to dig. Might change to the II if some money comes in, sometimes it happens, but if not the ULTRA is a great challenge every day I put it on. Actually i sell the last tube amps I've left, as I just don't need them anymore. Just will keep one for pure "melancholy" reasons.
Happy new year for all the FA team and co-users. Cheers !

Wow. I can't update to 11. I actually thought I did it already a while ago, but it's still stuck at 10.5. I've been trying to update it but it doesn't go. It does the dialogue all the way through, takes 5-10 minutes, while the status bar goes. The midi status indicates that the connections are good. But at the end it always says (6 times so far) to check the connections, the firmware has not been updated.

Has anyone seen this or does anyone have a solution? I do have another Axe-Edit opened for the II, but the II os off. I'll try it once more with the other Axe-Edit closed.

Wow. I can't update to 11. I actually thought I did it already a while ago, but it's still stuck at 10.5. I've been trying to update it but it doesn't go. It does the dialogue all the way through, takes 5-10 minutes, while the status bar goes. The midi status indicates that the connections are good. But at the end it always says (6 times so far) to check the connections, the firmware has not been updated.

Has anyone seen this or does anyone have a solution? I do have another Axe-Edit opened for the II, but the II os off. I'll try it once more with the other Axe-Edit closed.

Maybe check your unit sysex ID. With one of the 10.x versions there was some issue with that towards Axe Edit Beta version after a FW change. Will search the forum for the thread sth later tonight as it will be wide under the snow since that time.
Rgds,

The earlier versions of the firmware no longer seem to be available for download. They give a 404 page error for the zipped file.
Where does one find these now? In particular, I am wanting the 10.01 firmware.
I use 10.01 at the moment but wanted to go to the latest version 11 firmware, but with the option to go back to 10.01 if there are any problems or if I don't like it.

The earlier versions of the firmware no longer seem to be available for download. They give a 404 page error for the zipped file.
Where does one find these now? In particular, I am wanting the 10.01 firmware.
I use 10.01 at the moment but wanted to go to the latest version 11 firmware, but with the option to go back to 10.01 if there are any problems or if I don't like it.

PM me your email adress, I'll send it to you. I've also .03 and .05

I think it is time for a firmware update... Thousands invested - I think we deserve it!

Thanks in advance...

Not sure if you're serious or maybe just not up to date but the Standard and Ultra are completely mature products... No more room I believe. No more firmware updates are expected.

Not sure if you're serious or maybe just not up to date but the Standard and Ultra are completely mature products... No more room I believe. No more firmware updates are expected.

I am serious. Mature? It is a great product that could potentially be greater with a little more time invested by the Fractal people. Don't forget about the Ultra owners...

Thanks in advance,

Eric

I am serious. Mature? It is a great product that could potentially be greater with a little more time invested by the Fractal people. Don't forget about the Ultra owners...

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Give it up. It's over. The Standard and Ultra are done with. We had many, many updates over the years, far beyond what you'd get from pretty much any other manufacturer. If you bought one thinking it was some kind of investment that would continue to be developed forever for no extra charge, you had the wrong idea. What you bought was the unit at whatever version it was at the time. Any updates that came after that were a bonus. FAS didn't owe those updates to you, nor were they a part of any kind of return on your "investment".

The hardware has now been superseded, and for a reason. If you want the next update beyond 11.0, it comes in the form of the Axe-FX II. If there was still plenty left in the Ultra they could have just stuck with it and saved all the development/tooling/etc. costs required to bring in the Axe II. But obviously to keep moving forward, Cliff felt there needed to be a hardware upgrade.

If you feel you need a better Axe-FX, it already exists. If you don't have or don't want to spend the money, stick with your Ultra, which in its final form is still an amazing piece of gear. I'd also find it hard to believe you've anywhere near used the Ultra to its maximum capabilities. With the sheer number of possibilities in the amp block alone, there's always more to tweak.

Last night I upgraded an Axe Fx Standard from firmware 5.x to 11. The firmware update was successful, but now I get no output, no sound from the Axe Fx. What could be the issue? I see the input lights light up as I play guitar. But no sounds comes out and when I check the meters on the green screen, no output activity. Any advice?

Last night I upgraded an Axe Fx Standard from firmware 5.x to 11. The firmware update was successful, but now I get no output, no sound from the Axe Fx. What could be the issue? I see the input lights light up as I play guitar. But no sounds comes out and when I check the meters on the green screen, no output activity. Any advice?

Go to I/O: CTRL page and set Input Volume parameter to NONE, then switch power off and on. You might want to read about other new features in the release notes PDF included with firmware, or the wiki page below. (Input volume is mentioned in 6.08 notes.)

Firmware history - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki

Halo wanna ask how the best way connect the ultra fw 11.00 to mac with os sierra.. i am new with ultra.. just got the used one.. thanks

Back
Top Bottom