Axe FX II Compatibility with MFC-101 Mark III?

bradleyt

Hi Guys,

We currently use an Axe FX II XL+ with the MFC-101 Mark III controller. We are touring Australia soon and have an older Axe FX II purely as a backup unit. Will it work with the MFC-101 Mark III controller? By all accounts it will, but last time we tried we had some issues.. And unfortunately didn't have the time to follow it through.

Thanks in Advance. Brad

Yes, it works. You have to set the MFC to Axe Fx mode - not sure if that is different for XL+ as I have the mkII (Axe Fx, not MFC).

How are you connecting it? Midi, ethercon or XLR (with ethercon adapter?

I've used all three with no real issues, but phantom power can be tricky with midi cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure will, with XL+ and MFC mkIII I assume you use Faslink (XLRs) but with the "older" AXE-FX you need use ethernet or get a FASLINK adapter. Need to Change settings on MFC from faslink to expansion.
that should do the trick

Yes, FASlink adapter is what I meant above... With XLR cable.

I have an ultra, a axe II, and a axe XL, all three work great with mfc mkIII but you do have to use different ways of connection, and you have to set the mfc for the input method and the axe fx model it is connected to. this is in the setup menu of the mfc.

Yes, it works. You have to set the MFC to Axe Fx mode - not sure if that is different for XL+ as I have the mkII (Axe Fx, not MFC).

I've used all three with no real issues, but phantom power can be tricky with midi cables.

I have a question which is related to this topic.

For clarity, I have the axe Fx II original and just purchased the MFC-101 Mark III from eBay. There is no instructions manual but there is a cable with an RG45 on one end and push in style connector on the other.

Is the mark iii pedal I just discribe compatible with my axe fx?

I have a question which is related to this topic.

For clarity, I have the axe Fx II original and just purchased the MFC-101 Mark III from eBay. There is no instructions manual but there is a cable with an RG45 on one end and push in style connector on the other.

Is the mark iii pedal I just discribe compatible with my axe fx?
Yes... If nothing else, a midi cable and power supply would work.

My first Axe Fx II was a mkII, so I don't know if yours has an EtherCon port on the back or not? If so, sounds like the cable you have will work.

You can use also get an EtherCon to FASLink adapter from Fractal and then use an XLR cable.

By the way, all the Fractal manuals are online. Google search "mfc-101 manual".

Excellent, great info. Thank you

Hi, guys. I have an Axe Fx II Mark II and I consider buyng the MFC-101 Mark III. My question is, if I use an etherCON to connect the two devices, do I need to use the power supply as well? I really want to use a single cable for both - connection and power but I'm not sure if this is possible.

Hi, guys. I have an Axe Fx II Mark II and I consider buyng the MFC-101 Mark III. My question is, if I use an etherCON to connect the two devices, do I need to use the power supply as well? I really want to use a single cable for both - connection and power but I'm not sure if this is possible.
Power is provided over the EtherCon so you should not need the power supply.

Back
Top Bottom