A quick test of MLSOUNDLAB new MESA MARK IV recipe- Pull Me Under [DT]

Hyper Planet

Power User
Hey guys this is a really quick test of MLSOUNDLAB Mesa Mark IV recipe I used it with USALEAD BRT+ because I wanted to have Mark IV mode of Mark V in this video of MR. CHOCOLATE CAKE :), well actually the settings are the exact like ML posted in his thread bud in I used it on USALEAD BRT+, of course I used CP7 why ? because to me it's a very versatile cab-pack :), any how I played Pull me under you can find it in this video on 4:16 and compare to my sound-clip, how much it's close to what JP played in that song >>> da ga da gaga dad dad dad daaaaaa ;).

The IR and preset sound awesome, Mikko, and I want you to know that I buy all your Cab Packs, but I am just hearing a lot more low end in the Petrucci video. I realize the Axe Fx is probably going straight into the DAW and this may sound thinner as compared to the actual mic-ed 4X12 cab in the recording on the video. Any recommendations for recovering some of the low end back into the mix?

The IR and preset sound awesome, Mikko, and I want you to know that I buy all your Cab Packs, but I am just hearing a lot more low end in the Petrucci video. I realize the Axe Fx is probably going straight into the DAW and this may sound thinner as compared to the actual mic-ed 4X12 cab in the recording on the video. Any recommendations for recovering some of the low end back into the mix?
Hyperplanet is not Mikko

I dunno what to do, what to say about Eric thread, should I answer or not :)), because he asked a question about my tone with Mikko Recipe from him in my thread :)), what a suspicious condition :semi-twins:

I dunno what to do, what to say about Eric thread, should I answer or not :)), because he asked a question about my tone with Mikko Recipe from him in my thread :)), what a suspicious condition :semi-twins:
Hahaha! There is no grand conspiracy, I just posted too early in the morning and saw the name of the IR, and made an incorrect assumption that it was Mikko's post :).

No Problem !, if you have any questions please feel free to ask me here or in private message.
Thanks HP! The basic sound of the preset is almost a complete dead ringer for the Youtube video *except* for the bottom end of the original. I am curious if you or anyone here might have any tips for beefing up the bottom end in the DAW to more approximately simulate the full range of Petrucci's Mesa cab? It's scary how close the Axe-Fx is getting to these tones!

Thanks HP! The basic sound of the preset is almost a complete dead ringer for the Youtube video *except* for the bottom end of the original. I am curious if you or anyone here might have any tips for beefing up the bottom end in the DAW to more approximately simulate the full range of Petrucci's Mesa cab? It's scary how close the Axe-Fx is getting to these tones!
Proximity in the cab block with the null mic

as MLSOUNDLAB said: The point of his video was to prove that the modeling quality on the Axe-Fx has reached amazing accuracy, I think with his recipe the result of tone character even in another boogie mode that I used in my sound-clip is ''so good'' to me, bud in this case that you want to have more bottom end, fat tone, it's OK... you can get it easily by using different parameters in amp and cab block, but I think the best way is you use Mikko recipe record a sample then listen to it, how much it's close or far from your ideal tone ? post it here or in a separate thread then I can give you some more useful tips.

also you can check out my sound cloud page I posted so many Petrucci tone and Tone Matched clip as well, and tell me if one of them is close to your ideal tone.

https://soundcloud.com/hyper-planet

I always found it a bit weird in that video where JP goes through his settings but when it gets to playing the PMU riff, he's dimed the gain on the amp...

I love dadaism, yeah :cheerful:

But serious, it's pretty close with my headphones ...great !

Thank you for listening, as for the dadaism :), I think that's a great, easy and quick way to communicate with other musicians I most of the time use like da ga da ga da ga and also tacademy tacademy by Jonas Hellborg :)

Back
Top Bottom