FX8 mounting to a pedaltrain board

Beardstorm

I'm most likely going to hold out until the TrailerTrash board is ready but curious how you guys are mounting the FX8 to a pedaltrain board? It's looking like an FX8 + 2 expression pedals will fit on the PT Classic 2.

Same mounting method as the Line 6 M13; remove screw holding foot (one at a time), remove foot, replace screw so your warranty isn't voided, rinse and repeat for the other screws, add Velcro. I added painter's tape on an M13 before fixing the Velcro, to avoid residue. It's been locked onto a gigging PT-Pro for quite some time now. I plan on using the same method for the FX8.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/fx8-discussion/100098-can-rubber-feet-removed.html

I'm most likely going to hold out until the TrailerTrash board is ready but curious how you guys are mounting the FX8 to a pedaltrain board? It's looking like an FX8 + 2 expression pedals will fit on the PT Classic 2.

I got away from Velcro a long time ago. I mount everything directly to the board surface with slightly longer versions of the screws that come with the pedals. For the Pedaltrain, I tended to use these for certain pedals. I would highly recommend them for the FX8. Use the original screws from the unit to secure the plates to the bottom of the FX8. Then simply drill pilot holes into the Pedaltrain and secure the entire device with the screws that come with the mounting plates. The ones I've used are made by Nobels. You can go to a bike store and ask for chain links. I've used them as well and they work great.

I mounted mine to a Pedal Train; removed the rubber feet from the FX8, put on 2 strips of Industrial Strength Velcro, done. It's amazing how strong the hold is; VERY secure.

I'd really like to mount mine to my Pedal Train Pro, but it will have to be right at the lowest point of the board so that the case lid will shut. The FX8 sits fairly high. I guess the alternative is wait for the TrailerTrash board to come out.

I'm using a Pedaltrain NOVO 24. It holds 2 Ernie Ball VP Jr's and the FX8 perfectly with a little room left on top for some small stuff. I'm using the soft zip case. The hardshell case is to heavy and you have to remove some of the foam from the lid for it to close properly.

Last edited:
I'm using a Pedaltrain NANO 24. It holds 2 Ernie Ball VP Jr's and the FX8 perfectly with a little room left on top for some small stuff. I'm using the soft zip case. The hardshell case is to heavy and you have to remove some of the foam from the lid for it to close properly.
Do you know the model number of your Pedaltrain?
I'm using a PT-2, but the board is about 3" tall at the back, so the entire setup is uncomfortable to use.
I was thinking about making one out of plywood, but if there is a low profile Pedaltrain that works, I'd like to try it.
Thanks

As for mounting,
I get the Industrial Strength Velcro from Costco. It works a lot better than the stuff from Pedaltrain or Home Depot.
http://www.costco.com/Velcro-Indust..."-x-15'-Black-VEK-90197.product.11518093.html
It's dirt cheap too!
The stuff is amazingly strong.

I'd really like to mount mine to my Pedal Train Pro, but it will have to be right at the lowest point of the board so that the case lid will shut. The FX8 sits fairly high. I guess the alternative is wait for the TrailerTrash board to come out.

I mounted my FX8 on a PT-2, and the height of the FX8 works well for operating the switches, and it also fits well in the original soft case. I tried the FX8 on a PT Metro 24, but I returned it, since they changed (increased) the height of the pedestrian, it made the height of operating the FX8 too high. I can imagine this doesn't fit well in a card case, too.

I'm using a Pedaltrain NOVO 24. It holds 2 Ernie Ball VP Jr's and the FX8 perfectly with a little room left on top for some small stuff. I'm using the soft zip case. The hardshell case is to heavy and you have to remove some of the foam from the lid for it to close properly.
Thanks for the info dude,i'm gonna buy novo24 for my fx8 and boss expression pedal FV500L, ooow how you attached the fx8 into the pedaltrain? Does industrial velcrow works? Thanks

I have problems with velcro in the warm weather. The glue loosens up and the pedals slip, especially when left sideways in the case.

I cut a piece of thin masonite, then put screw holes for each screw on the bottom of the unit, which ensures the screws were at the same depth as with the feet installed. I put the velcro on the bottom, ua which is very secure with no slipage, I put serious crazy glue as well to ensure that the glue never did slip. This allows the mounting to be removed, and the FX8 is like new on the bottom.

Some simple brackets at Wal Mart for $1.68 a pair. Not a pedal train board though but you could do the same thing.

Attachments

• 0FEFE5FB-EE42-4D93-B353-FDFAFAE83522.jpeg
    0FEFE5FB-EE42-4D93-B353-FDFAFAE83522.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 3C869592-5A5E-4CD1-90CB-D37D4B6F31B2.jpeg
    3C869592-5A5E-4CD1-90CB-D37D4B6F31B2.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 53
I only had to remove the front three rubber feet to mount the FX8 to my pedal board, but after failing to replace the screws with two different kinds of M3.5 6mm screws I bought (they didn`t fit well) I gave up and put the original screws in. Guess this shouldn't be a problem with the front screws as there are no interfaces/connections at the front.

Back
Top Bottom