expression pedals not seen on power up

heykenny

When I leave my expression pedals plugged in they are not recognized when I power up the FX8. If I power the unit up with nothing plugged into the rear jacks then plug them in after it's powered up they work fine. I'm using a Mission pedal for wah and a Nose pedal switch to control output volume.

It's not a huge deal at this point, but I do plan on putting the FX and pedals on a board so it would be nice to leave everything plugged in.

I've searched the forum for this, but don't see any other mention of it. Is this normal? Or am I missing something?

What do you mean by "not recognized". Pedals are always running. If nothing is plugged in there is a pull-up resistor that pulls the pedal value to 100%.

What do you mean by "not recognized". Pedals are always running. If nothing is plugged in there is a pull-up resistor that pulls the pedal value to 100%.

If I have the pedals plugged in when powering up then nothing happens. The wah effect is on but moving the pedal does nothing.
The Nose pedal does nothing to the output volume when pushing the switch - I believe it stays at the lower volume.

If I turn the FX8 on then plug in the pedals they work as intended.

How is that nosepedal working ? Is it TRS or TS ? Is it on a volume block or on global volume ?

The Nosepedal is working out great! I have it on the output volume. Low level about 75-80% and then I kick it up to 100% for solos or to hit the amp harder. It's TRS.

Back
Top Bottom