Splitting/recording output1

Does anyone split the output1 L+R with some kind of splitter to go to a recorder on one side and FOH on the other?
(Or some might do the same for in-ear?)

What do you use? Looking for portable way to record my outputs on the road.

Cheers!

Loss of quality when recording, right?

Is anyone using a splitter?

Yes and no it really depends on the length of the run you are going to use. You could use a DI if you're super concerned with it and convert to XLR for a longer run. The main benefit/advantage using OP-2 vrs a splitter would be that you would have separate level control to the Mixing console and recording device.

I can't tell any loss of quality between Out1 LR XLR, Out1 LR 1/4", and Out2 1/4".

The analog quality is excellent. One of the best signal paths in my studio.

Oh my mistake then! I thought there was less signal when unbalanced.

Anyway, i've got something in the loop so I can't use output 2...
So the question was really about splitters. thanks though I learned something.

Oh my mistake then! I thought there was less signal when unbalanced.

Anyway, i've got something in the loop so I can't use output 2...
So the question was really about splitters. thanks though I learned something.

You can use Output 1 1/4" and XLR at the same time.

XLR is only necessary for long cable runs where there is the danger of picking up interference on the cable. Anything less than, say, 10 meters and unbalanced is fine.

Cliff beat me to it ... I was going to say (and still am it seems) that there is already a splitter built into the Output 1s - XLR L+R and 1/4 inch L+R are identical signals and can be used at the same time

At the same time? That is amazing! For some reason I thought it was one or the other. Hopefully the levels will be suitable for the recorder.

Yep six simultaneous analog outputs.

I have used all six at one time or another and all have pristine quality. Highest standard in the analog path of most anything out there.

(two more if you count the headphone out)

Yep six simultaneous analog outputs.

I have used all six at one time or another and all have pristine quality. Highest standard in the analog path of most anything out there.

(two more if you count the headphone out)

This is great to hear. It must have changed since the Standard. I remember one time I tried both xlr and 1/4" on output 1 on my standard with really bad results (loud, awful noise through the PA) and everyone else looking at me like wtf are you messing up over there. For that reason I never even tried it with the II.

There is a way to lose quality, only if you are using garbage cables. I can't stress enough, using decent quality cables,
especially within the digital realm. You don't have to spend $100.00 on a cable, just make sure they are decent quality.

Home studio .......So I can use out 1 XLR to record ( and playback thru Studio monitors) and unbalanced out 1 to FRFR in the room behind me- now I like that - did not know that.

Also frees up to use fx loop. I can use volume on frfr for in the room volume . I never knew this - learn everyday here. Amazing!

Thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom