Affiliations

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Effective immediately you MUST include any manufacturer affiliations in your signature line. If you are a beta tester, employee, representative or in any way affiliated with a company in the MI industry you need to disclose this. You will be given one week to comply. If we find out you have an affiliation and you do not disclose this you will receive a suspension. A second infraction will result in a permanent ban.

Affiliations must be clearly displayed. You may NOT alter the default text size or color. The TGP trick of making the text tiny and light gray is not acceptable here.

Does this apply to MI retail stores? I don't feel the need to disclose that and may just leave the forum. No disrespect to Cliff and I understand the need to do so. I am ok with being a lurker as I usually am. Thanks!

Does this apply to MI retail stores? I don't feel the need to disclose that and may just leave the forum. No disrespect to Cliff and I understand the need to do so. I am ok with being a lurker as I usually am. Thanks!

No but in the spirit of fair play it would be nice if dealers of competing products disclose such. We had an incident a couple years ago where a member was disparaging the Axe-Fx and promoting another product. We then learned that he was a dealer for that other product. Needless to say he is no longer a member. We are at a disadvantage due to our direct marketing model. It is in the interest of dealers, both B&M and online, to disparage our products. If we sold through typical distribution this would not happen as the dealer would make money whether he sold an Axe-Fx or a competing product. But since we sell direct every sale we make represents lost dealer commission.

The Axe-Fx has become immensely popular and successful. Unfortunately competing companies have been engaging in questionable marketing tactics and actually using this forum (which costs a lot to host and maintain) as a marketing weapon against us. As I tell my workers "I don't care if you beat me as long as you play fair". And that's not playing fair IMO.

Just to be crystal clear, would this go for product endorsements (both; products you endorse, and companies that endorse you)?

I would assume it would be ok to say I work in a MI retail store but not give further detail

"I don't care if you beat me as long as you play fair". And that's not playing fair IMO.

You've set the bar so high they can't win as far as sound, quality and support are concerned. So if they consider this a competition they have to cheat, but it still sucks.
It kinda reminds me of the first time I watched drag racing at a local track years ago. There were people putting chevette's on the line with pro built rail cars and then you find out they are racing against their own qualifying time and not each other. But I bet a few people saw the chevette as awesome because of what it was placed beside.You can put some really cute paint on a Chevette but it's still a chevette. LOL - IMO

Last edited:
I am compliant. :D

But on the real... I support this from Cliff. Nothing worse than a forum ninja assassin. Hey, I want to hear all points of view, but I want to know what team your a fan of before I hear it.

That will also help people who are looking in the forum for honest opinions on non-fractal gear, ie FRFR speakers.

I am compliant. :D

But on the real... I support this from Cliff. Nothing worse than a forum ninja assassin. Hey, I want to hear all points of view, but I want to know what team your a fan of before I hear it.

Not just who you're a fan of, but if there may be financial motive behind your comments.

Declaring affiliation may still not stop the trolls or insurgents from attempting to dethrone such a great product and company. The forum will still get infiltrated by people who have alterior motives. This goes on everywhere and in every industry.

People will always hate and diss on the best things. The same way they do for me and Cliff's team the Patriots. They hate us because they ain't us. ;)

Back
Top Bottom