SPDIF Level Seems Low

kartman

Inspired
I apologize in advance as I'm 99.9% sure I've read something about this on the forum but I can't seem to find it.

I'm running v18.12 FW on my Axe II Mark 2 and I use the SPDIF O/P into my audio interface. The output is clean but the level seems low... is there a "best practice" method for globally increasing the level on the SPDIF O/P from the Axe FX?

Many thanx.

-Mike

I have the same problem.

I emailed tech support at FAS, and this is their answer:

"Changing the SPDIF output level directly is not possible, however, you can adjust the level on the grid's output block instead."

My current workaround, however, is to place a gain plugin at the channel input of my DAW. Works fine as I can this way control the exact input level I want going into the recording, without altering any presets on the Axe Fx.

Last edited:
To globally increase SPDIF output level, assuming SPDIF source = Output 1:

A. Increase main slider of Output 1 Global EQ

or

B. Increase Output 1 Boost/Pad

Option A will affect analog output levels, option B won't.

I have the same problem.

I emailed tech support at FAS, and this is their answer:

"Changing the SPDIF output level directly is not possible, however, you can adjust the level on the grid's output block instead."

My current workaround, however, is to place a gain plugin at the channel input of my DAW. Works fine as I can this way control the exact input level I want going into the recording, without altering any presets on the Axe Fx.

Not necessarily what you want to do, depending on your DAW. Logic for instance prints inputs directly to disk, and the applies plugins to the 'playback' path. This will not you the best S/N ratio.

Back
Top Bottom