What would you get in mean time?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Bitching about low production/release of Fractal products is futile.

So.....while I wait for them to take my money....what would fill the bill in the meantime? Will be using with Bogner Shiva 2x12 and needs to have relay ability and not cost too much as I want to sell when FX8 graces us in availability. So multi effects, relays for channel switching and needs OD type pedals built in. Thanks!

Sorry, no offense, but don't you think fractal would like to have a zillion in stock and sell, sell, sell. You make it sound like they are doing something wrong. Sheeeesh.

I don't get people sometimes at all.

Sorry, no offense, but don't you think fractal would like to have a zillion in stock and sell, sell, sell. You make it sound like they are doing something wrong. Sheeeesh. I don't get people sometimes at all.

A six month plus waiting list. Where the sense in that? A zillion? No.... But a line that long is really tough to keep the folks that are interested....well interested. But thanks for answering the question.... Wait, you didn't.

It's an expensive piece of gear. Too expensive for a company to keep a large number in stock, if you're not sure you are going to sell them all.

And it's the first run. Unexpected hardware issues may come up. Supplying in batches enables a company to fix such issues, and prevent expensive return of goods.

LOL, tough crowd. OP, how dare you irk the faithful by expressing frustration.

Thankfully I got on the wait list early, so I have my FX8. Prior to getting it, I embarked on a similar search, and the closest thing I came up with was a TC G System. It has all the features you listed with the exception of built-in drives, but it has loops for your existing drive pedals (assuming you have those). Plenty of good deals on used ones out there last time I checked, so I don't think you'd be at risk of losing a lot of money when you flip it.

Bitching about low production/release of Fractal products is futile.

So.....while I wait for them to take my money....what would fill the bill in the meantime? Will be using with Bogner Shiva 2x12 and needs to have relay ability and not cost too much as I want to sell when FX8 graces us in availability. So multi effects, relays for channel switching and needs OD type pedals built in. Thanks!

Tremonti, I will sell you my FX8 for $1800 :)

A six month plus waiting list. Where the sense in that? A zillion? No.... But a line that long is really tough to keep the folks that are interested....well interested. But thanks for answering the question.... Wait, you didn't.

Sorry, I didn't realize that it's mandatory you wait- Oh wait it isn't .

You're a clown right? What do I win?

Just this bothered me.........."Bitching about low production/release of Fractal products is futile." and this "when FX8 graces us in availability".

Obviously you do not understand why, so I'll say sorry.

Curious-why don't you use the axeFXII you have in the meantime? Your wanting FX, right?

Just this bothered me.........."Bitching about low production/release of Fractal products is futile." and this "when FX8 graces us in availability". Obviously you do not understand why, so I'll say sorry. Curious-why don't you use the axeFXII you have in the meantime? Your wanting FX, right?
My dichotomy knows no boundaries! Lol... Because I'm selling to pay for bogner Shiva. Otherwise you're right, that would work

My dichotomy knows no boundaries! Lol... Because I'm selling to pay for bogner Shiva. Otherwise you're right, that would work

Oh-OK-Wish I could help but I am not familiar with all the fx gadgets now adays. Hope you get it worked out

I’m not sure how much you wish to spend but I’m going to assume, since this is temporary measure, a reasonable price is preferred. I’d recommend either a used TC G System, Line 6 M9 or M13. Any of the three would make a good backup unit even after the FX-8 arrives. Recently, I was surprised to see a photo of Alan Nimmo, lead guitarist and vocalist for the British blues-rock band King King, using nothing other than an M13…and his overdrive tone is excellent. Unfortunately, I don’t think the L6 units offers relay switching.

G-System. The Line 6 stuff sounds toyish compared to it and Fractal. IMO. I tried the M13 and the HD500 as a backup to my G-System to keep at practice a few years ago but it wasn't even close. I bit the bullitt and bought another used G-System instead. The FX8 is the first unit that's on the same level and exceeds it. I still prefer the look of it over my FX8 though.

Last edited:
Again, I heard some fine guitarists get some nice sounds out of the M13. BTW, I prefer and own an FX-8. My problem with the G-System is that unit has been around for a long time and sells for $1K+ new. That's a lot of cash for a temporary fix if finances are limited. However, a used unit is certainly worth considering.

I'd go for a second hand Line 6 M13 from eBay. I own one; it's okay and does the job. You can pick one up for between US$200-350 and sell it when the FX8 arrives.

I'd go for a second hand Line 6 M13 from eBay. I own one; it's okay and does the job. You can pick one up for between US$200-350 and sell it when the FX8 arrives.

I keep an M13 in my rack and trigger it via midi. I don't use the overdrives because of where it sits in my signal chain. but I do use the reverbs, delays, and some modulations.

I once again, maintain, that, just like there are many tube amps, each having its own color, there are different effects units, each imparting its own character. Having a second unit along with the Axe makes the issues of any brief hiccups in the sound while switching scenes, more easy to cover up. The trails of delays and reverbs persist after bypassing them on the M13.

There is a guy down in Atlanta or South Carolina that can upgrade the input and outputs to significantly improve the unit, and I am seriously considering do that. One of the chief improvements is the audio quality when no effects are engaged, although I currently have mine in a GCX, so it is not in the signal chain when bypassed.

Back
Top Bottom