40 Synth presets available to download!

They are pretty amazing Simeon. I've got a ton of hardware and VA synths and I can say I'm honestly blown away at how good of sounds you've been able to get out of a kind of "crippled" synth engine on the Axe. I don't mean that to sound negative towards the Axe of course, but simply with regards to how the synth blocks don't give the full architecture one would find on most subtractive synths; as such, the range of quality of sounds Simeon got is amazing.

I mean its a guitar processor, not a VA synth after all!

That all said, I think in terms of overall musicality, and mainstream use, the delay patches are naturally going to have more fans.

Kind of need a special purpose for the synth blocks, or they are just fun to play around with, but probably most of us don't really do music that would make use of them. The delays on the other hand.... well some of those are basically nearly able to write themselves into a song. Hit a chord, swell the volume and boom.... you've got a intro or backing part to finished song, and they lend themselves to lots of musical styles.

I hope you don't get discouraged or anything. The pitch and synth blocks are awesome and I hope you keep sharing your amazing talents for creating such cool sounds, just expect that the "masses", so to speak, are probably going to go mainly towards delay and reverb sounds over my special effect type stuff.

Hope the donations for the delay blocks in particular have been doing well and exceeded anything you could have hoped for, they are amazingly good and every bit a "must buy" as any cab block.

Simply download them and load one or two into your Axe, hit a chord and boom... wallet comes out to submit a donation via Paypal, they are that good

They are pretty amazing Simeon. I've got a ton of hardware and VA synths and I can say I'm honestly blown away at how good of sounds you've been able to get out of a kind of "crippled" synth engine on the Axe. I don't mean that to sound negative towards the Axe of course, but simply with regards to how the synth blocks don't give the full architecture one would find on most subtractive synths; as such, the range of quality of sounds Simeon got is amazing.

That all said, I think in terms of overall musicality, and mainstream use, the delay patches are naturally going to have more fans.

Kind of need a special purpose for the synth blocks, or they are just fun to play around with, but probably most of us don't really do music that would make use of them. The delays on the other hand.... well some of those are basically nearly able to write themselves into a song. Hit a chord, swell the volume and boom.... you've got a intro or backing part to finished song, and they lend themselves to lots of musical styles.

I hope you don't get discouraged or anything. The pitch and synth blocks are awesome and I hope you keep sharing your amazing talents for creating such cool sounds, just expect that the "masses", so to speak, are probably going to go mainly towards delay and reverb sounds over my special effect type stuff.

Hope the donations for the delay blocks in particular have been doing well and exceeded anything you could have hoped for, they are amazingly good and every bit a "must buy" as any cab block.

Simply download them and load one or two into your Axe, hit a chord and boom... wallet comes out to submit a donation via Paypal, they are that good

thank you, sir. and very nice post. i agree that the synth in the axe is a functional tool, but is limited to a certain extent. i did suggest a while back that a nice update would be to have the ability to modulate one waveform with another. if you have ableton live, you can see how effective this can be with the Operator synth which is included. it would open up the possibility for a whole new world of sounds, but i didn't get any response from FAS about it, which is a shame, imo.

Awesome stuff!
I did not know you could get such great sounds out of axe fx, I mean really "pro movie soundtrack stuff". Thank you Simeon for all of these presets and the hard work! I will definately donate

There's some really great and unique stuff in there.

It really shows off your skills as a sound designer and also showcases a whole different side of what the Axe Fx can do. Cheers!

Simeon! Spectacular stuff! I can't wait to spring a violin or cello lead on my jam-mates. The Taurus, the Oberheim, the Moogs, fantastic stuff. I'll be donating again, thanks. Keep up the great work!

What a great post! Doesn't take away from the amazing effort and work put in by Simeon, but perfectly articulates the "demand" of certain sounds.

bump!

i'm surprised these haven't had a bit more love....i guess folks love delay more :)

I already have a Prophet 08, Moog Minitaur, Moog Sub 37, Roland Integra 7, Blofeld, Nord Electro 5 SW73 and a couple of Emu E4's. Much easier to just play those. The Prophet 08 and Sub37 are so quick and easy to setup sounds that I never really bothered spending more than a couple of minutes in the synth block on the Axe as it looks limited.
I have heard your synth sounds though and they are really good :)

PS, I did donate for the delay blocks a few weeks back although not had chance to try them yet.
I think you are offering a good service here :)

That is truly amazing work, Simeon. Thank you for your willingness to share!!
Downloaded and donated.

I already have a Prophet 08, Moog Minitaur, Moog Sub 37, Roland Integra 7, Blofeld, Nord Electro 5 SW73 and a couple of Emu E4's. Much easier to just play those. The Prophet 08 and Sub37 are so quick and easy to setup sounds that I never really bothered spending more than a couple of minutes in the synth block on the Axe as it looks limited.
I have heard your synth sounds though and they are really good :)

PS, I did donate for the delay blocks a few weeks back although not had chance to try them yet.
I think you are offering a good service here :)

Its so hard to resist some of the great deals I see on the Sub37's or Sub Phatty's on Ebay, totally want one of those even though I know sonically NI's Monark and UHE's Diva, both of which I already own, come 99.9% there

Some cool about hardware though just for the being able to touch it aspect

I am away from my axe for a few weeks more. Didn't even dl the delays yet. I know I will love the synth stuff and donating is no brainer! Would love some adrenalinn type sequenced stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am away from my axe for a few weeks more. Didn't even dl the delays yet. I know I will love the synth stuff and donating is no brainer! Would love some adrenalinn type sequenced stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm.....i could do a few of those, if there wss some interest....

Back
Top Bottom