50 delay blocks and 15 presets available! (v19)

i don't know what the range of the sweep is (in terms of octaves), but it should be easy to figure out how much you need to sweep the motor speed by to get the drop you need.
Start the dive at the default Motor Speed tied to your pedal with an initial value of 1.000 at toe-up and a final value of 0.500. Then hit the Hold switch and seep your pedal down all the way.

damn...had to make it again! here you go....

essentially, the plex is creating the long pre-delay and the richness. the reverb block is just smoothing it out, so you don't hear the individual delay repeats from the plex

a lot of those big sky presets don't really sound like reverb to me....they sound like an 8 plex (or more) possibly feeding a reverb

That's an awesome-sounding preset, but I have a mkII and so the file doesn't work. Thank you, though :). I've had a go at recreating your patch but haven't got too close. I'll keep at it. Your patches are amazing, I think Fractal Audio should be seriously considering hiring you to develop preset blocks for their effects section. I was really interested in the TimeLine until I got your patches. Not too many folks know how to create such lush and amazing effects from scratch. You have given many of us a massive helping hand.

it should work on the MKII, as it was made on one. you will need to be on FW18.12 or later

thanks for the compliments, btw...although i don't think fas will be hiring me anytime soon. i'm happy to go on releasing some blocks and patches for small donations....the delay blocks seem to have gone down well and are helping people out. :)

Last edited:
it should work on the MKII, as it was made on one. you will need to be on FW18.12 or later

thanks for the compliments, btw...although i don't think fas will be hiring me anytime soon. i'm happy to go on releasing some blocks and patches for small donations....the delay blocks seem to have gone down well and are helping people out. :)

I got it working! I must have downloaded the original file wrong. It sounds amazing. Thank you!

Donation coming. Thanks Thanks Thanks...

imagine looking up Simeon and Fremen in a room together for a preset creating month....

mmmm... effffeeeeccctsssss

attachment.php

Hey Simeon,

these are fantastic!!!!!!! I'm going to send you my Axe and you can fill it full of lovely goodies lol,

Can you please work on the "talent" block, I need some of that!!!

Always something cool with your work, Simeon. A pleasure to do my part to keep you seeking these neat sounds. Donation sent.

I just changed to the XL+, and I need to reload your Violin patch... the best one I have found for the Axe Fx!

i can hear it a tiny bit, now it's been pointed out to me. try turning up the crossfade in both multidelay blocks from 50% to 100%. if that doesn't completely solve it, check and see if either of the multidelays have their direction set to "reverse". if they do, set it to "forward".

edit: a bit more investigation and i think it's the reverse ping pong block which was slightly modified for this patch. i don't normally use it for this kind of long reverse delay effect, because it's not very good at it...too many artefacts. the pitch crystals block is very good at it though and that's what i normally use. i'll include another version of this effect, but made with the pitch block in the next run of pitch effect blocks.

Not sure if we're maybe looking at a different patch. Both delays are Dual Delay in the patch I downloaded. I tried fiddling with the crossfade and direction on both multi delays, but everything makes the static sound worse. This isn't a 19b2 bug, is it? The static sound is most prominent on lower notes. I'll fiddle around some more to see if I can make it go away since this patch is otherwise exactly what I've been looking for for one of my more ambient projects.

you said it was the "ambient octaves" patch, which has two dual delays and two multi-delays...?

replace the multi-delays with two pitch blocks. select the crystals type and set them up like the multidelays. you'll only have four delays to work with instead of 8, but it should still sound good

ok, i had a response from michael p from fas about the issue importing these blocks into the fx8 and the xl -

Axe-Edit's Block Library Manager compatibility checker was not updated for the XL+. This bug is now fixed. I will send an Axe-Edit build off to our beta team for testing.

So far, the plan is to release the next version of Axe-Edit with the official release of firmware 19. I don't have an exact date but with firmware 19 in public beta it shouldn't be too long.

The current release of FX8-Edit, version 1.02, supports blocks from the Axe-Fx mkII, XL, and XL+. I tested your blocks with FX8 firmware 1.02 and successfully imported the blocks.

so there you go. hope that helps.

sim

very kind of you to say so, thibault. i really dig your amp/cab tones, man and you've done some really nice tweaks to some of the patches i've thrown out there.... :)

Simeon,
Nicely done - you're very generous to share your skills - liking them a lot!

Quick question for anyone who may know: I've plugged Simeon's Delay presets into my Axe-Edit "Blocks" folder, following the Readme file included in the Delay_Blocks file. No problem accessing them through Axe-Edit, and they sound great.

Can these type of blocks be accessed from the front panel, as well, or just in Axe-Edit?

The Block Library is an Axe-Edit-only thing. The library lives on your computer.

Here's an initial idea from the Ambient Octaves updated preset. Warning - it's meant for ambient / meditation, so it's 10 minutes long. You wanted to meditate for ten minutes, right? ;)

This is starting to feel like AA now... Thanks for taking the time to create these and put them out there. There is SO much to learn about the Axe... so many settings, so many things to tweak. I'll never have the time or be able to make the time to learn enough to do much of it well. But I can load a preset and I can twirl the big dial. It's members/owners like you who take the time to share creations that make this the best musical investment I ever purchased. I'm sure these will help many of the folks who want to learn more but didn't know how to start.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Back
Top Bottom