50 delay blocks and 15 presets available! (v19)

simeon

Axe-Master
so as promised i made some delay blocks and a few presets. all made on the axe fx II with firmware 18.12 (edit: updated to v19).

presets and blocks should work on the II and the XL

go here to download and please leave a donation if you want to

Blocks

instructions are in the readme if you've never used blocks before

all these blocks and presets are designed for stereo. if you're running mono, you'll need to pan all the delay repeats to the centre (if possible)

here are short examples of three of the 15 presets included...

Far Horizons
http://www.simeonharris.co.uk/Blocks/Far_Horizons.mp3

Big Pad Generator
http://www.simeonharris.co.uk/Blocks/Big_Pad_Generator.mp3

Ambient Octaves
http://www.simeonharris.co.uk/Blocks/Ambient_Octaves.mp3

and here's a list of all the blocks (they use the delay, multi-delay and the megatap delay)

2290 Chorus
Ambient Stereo
Chorus and Delay
Crusty Ping Pong
Degraded Ping Pong
DM Delay
Dot8 2290
Dual 8.4
Dual Vintage FB M@
Echorec
Galloping 8ths
Hendrix Reverse
Icy Delay to Reverb
Lush Digital
Panning Sweep
Ping Pong Tape
Stereo Slap
Stereo Tape
Stereo Vintage
Sweep Delay
Tel Ray
Tube Tape
Two Head Tape
Wide Tape Feedbacker
Bouncing Ball
Circular Random_
Megatap Pan
Random Strum
Ambient Plex
Ambient Quad Tape
Ambient Tape Reverb
Circular
Deep Ambience
Ducking Plex
Fibonacci Delay
MD Chorus
Mono Diffusion
Multi Head Tape 2
Multi Head Tape
Ping Pong Shuffle
Plex Crystals
Random Plex
Rev Oct Plex
Reverse Ping Pong
Reverse Plex
Rhythmic Bands
Rhythmic Tape
Series Rhythm
Slow Pan Delay
Whole Tone Fantasy

Last edited:
These are right up my alley. Thanks so much for the time and effort Simeon. Will download and donate today!

The presets should work in the XL. It's XL presets that won't work in the II :)

I have a run of shows in the next three weeks but I'll try to check out the presets and blocks on the XL+.

Thanks for sharing these!

Very cool! Looking forward to downloading when I get home today. Donations via Paypal ?

Quick question though given these FW18.12....Should they translate well to FW19 ? I didn't know if there was going to be any changes to the effects other than the G3 of the drive blocks, how things like the mix controls work etc, that could result in some significant changes to the block settings/sounds ?

i think the only thing that will change is the the drive parameter. cliff has altered it in 19, so that the delay blocks can be used before the amp and have enough sensitivity in that placement to respond to the low level input. i don't know whether this will affect anything or not. the only delay block (as far as i can remember) with drive set to something other than zero is the tape style. if after updating, it's too grungy....turn it down and simply re-save the block

Donated. Incredible work. Any plans to do some reverbs, akin to the Big Sky?

These presets are amazing. Everyone should donate and download these.

Thank you for your hard work, Simeon.

Donated. Incredible work. Any plans to do some reverbs, akin to the Big Sky?

These presets are amazing. Everyone should donate and download these.

Thank you for your hard work, Simeon.

thanks man. may of the big sky reverbs can be emulated quite successfully with the plex detune, plus a reverb block. try the"ambient plex" block (plex detune algorithm). increasing all the delay times, but keeping the relationships the same can get you into bloom reverb territory , if you feed it into a wet reverb block. increase the amount of detune for more lushness.

here's an example - it took me literally 2 minutes to dial in...

http://www.simeonharris.co.uk/misc/Bloom_Reverb.mp3

if you want to recreate, put the multi-delay and a reverb in a sidechain. set both blocks to 100% wet. i chose the "wide hall" on default settings. the multi-delay was the ambient plex with increases delay times and increased detune

Last edited:
if you want to recreate, put the multi-delay and a reverb in a sidechain. set both blocks to 100% wet. i chose the "wide hall" on default settings. the multi-delay was the ambient plex with increases delay times and increased detune

I would love that preset/screenshot if possible Simeon... Thank you for your time and effort on this!

damn...had to make it again! here you go....

essentially, the plex is creating the long pre-delay and the richness. the reverb block is just smoothing it out, so you don't hear the individual delay repeats from the plex

a lot of those big sky presets don't really sound like reverb to me....they sound like an 8 plex (or more) possibly feeding a reverb

Attachments

• Bloom Verb.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 476
Back
Top Bottom