AX8 - Any Updates?

I'm visiting gym regularly. Anyway, huge and heavy AXE FX 2 in rack case - is not something you are really happy to carry by hand for long distances. And the idea that I'm moving excess of steel is really annoying..

If you are complaining the Axe Fx is too sturdy and thus weighs more than necessary, why are you even carrying it in a rack case?

Larry Mitchell carries his around in a backpack. Along with the MFC. Maybe you should consider the same?

Agree that carrying AX8 is an advantage over carrying AXE 2 or regular rig of amps and pedals. But why should it be just advantage if it could be GREAT advantage ? Why are you not looking even beyond that ? AX8 is not the only thing you take with on rehearsal or gig. You still carry your guitar in a case, then AX8, then clothing, then wireless monitor system, cables etc etc etc. Overall mass of everything you carry is still quite big. So, the lower weight of everything, including AX8 - the better. Or are you happy when you move a lot of mass with you and become tired and sweaty before the gig ? Looks really like masochism. And then you can not go for a walk with your friends after the show because "oh, my rig is really heavy, I will stay here...".

If there are such "weight fans" - I think Apple should release the iPhone which weights about 10 lbs. So much pleasure to move it with you everywhere.

Excuse me if I was too boring, but my aim was not to prove something to forum members. I hoped Cliff will see this discussion and take weight issue into consideration. That's the only thing I hope to happen. Then it is his decision how to deal with that.

WHY, OH WHY, OH WHY do people on this thread think that HEAVIER = STRONGER ????? !!!!

We're not living in the 1800's people!

This whole "if it's light it won't be strong" thinking just comes across as some dumb "Hummer" mentality....

Excuse me if I was too boring, but my aim was not to prove something to forum members. I hoped Cliff will see this discussion and take weight issue into consideration. That's the only thing I hope to happen. Then it is his decision how to deal with that.

Fair enough. Hopefully Cliff and crew are listening and won't make the AX8 any heavier than needed to be durable enough for pros. Now back to our normal programming...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You didn't miss any announcements, if that's what you're asking.

I think the point of "just [leaving] it" is that future announcements will be unprompted.
We're not opening a waitlist until the time is very near. Otherwise, people complain that they're on a list with no updates!

So this is your update then: there's no update. (But a lot of hard work and great results are happening behind the curtain...)

"So this is your update then: there's no update. (But a lot of hard work and great results are happening behind the curtain...)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update, I don't pretend to speak for anyone but myself, but I am like a kid who just received the Sears catalog and has circles what he wants for Christmas and its only May! I totally appreciate the hard work that is going into this unit. The dedication to excellence you have shown us with updates etc is enough for me to know that this unit will be something special.

Definitely lots of good news in this thread. When will the waiting lists be opened and will it be available at G66 before end 2015 ?
At least I now will stop searching for backup solutions..looking forward to have this in the house and suitcase.

I've taken a break from this thread for a few weeks. Came back and read M@'s post. Thanks for the update!

This thread is meant to be a "we're excited for this product and cant wait to hear more", as opposed to a "tell us more, now, because you owe us and we're impatient". So, no worries, at least not from me :)

I just hope the timing works out and that there are no delays, because I have an annual Christmas gig that I hope to use the AX8 for :) I suppose i'll just have to use my Mark II in the meantime... :grey:

Back
Top Bottom