Show Us Your FX8 Rig!

Now that they are getting out there, bring 'm on. Rig pictures!

None of this is hooked up yet...still testing things out before I start wiring and attaching stuff to the board. The MINI Effect Gizmo will switch the drive pedals - it has 5 loops so I "need" another drive, though the FX8's drive blocks seem pretty great so far. The FX8 changes loops on the Mini Effect Gizmo and changes channels on the Egnater Mod50 via MIDI. I have all that working perfectly. I assume it will switch channels on the Shiva via relays, though I haven't tested that yet. I've tried it 4CM with the Mod50 and in front of the Shiva's clean channel...really great results so far. I'll probably end up using one expression pedal for the FX8 and the other one for my (incoming) Axe-FX II.

Attachments

• FX8%20Rig_zpsr3hdmvbq.jpg
    FX8%20Rig_zpsr3hdmvbq.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 752
Last edited:
I thought that for the longest time they would create a page that would let you design a rig from the pedalboard out. First level pedalboardplanner.com, 2nd level guitarplanner.com, 3rd level rackgearplanner.com and fourth level ampplanner.com. It would be perfect. Sort of how you can build a car on any large car manufacturer's website now. It is really what i need to spend more time geeking out on gear and less time practicing.

I don't have my FX8 yet (sigh!), but for anyone else that has the Pedaltrain Pro board with the big flight case, I'm pretty sure that the FX8 will not fit in the case once it's mounted on the board. I currently have the Line 6 M13 multi effects pedal board, which is about 3 inches high, and it only just about fits in the case. The FX8 is another inch higher at the back so the lid will almost certainly not close. I'd appreciate confirmation of this if anyone with an FX8 also has the Pedaltrain Pro board and flight case. Bummer!

Last edited:
I don't have my FX8 yet (sigh!), but for anyone else that has the Pedaltrain Pro board with the big flight case, I'm pretty sure that the FX8 will not fit in the case once it's mounted on the board. I currently have the Line 6 M13 multi effects pedal board, which is about 3 inches high, and it only just about fits in the case. The FX8 is another inch higher at the back so the lid will almost certainly not close. I'd appreciate confirmation of this if anyone with an FX8 also has the Pedaltrain Pro board and flight case. Bummer!

The G Sys did the same when i had it, I had to take the foam out of the PT case and put some thinner stuff back using some contact adhesive. A lot of messing around but it did the job. I think I'm just gonna go for the soft case as the FX-8 is lighter in weight anyway.

I am an adult...

51052316.jpg

The G Sys did the same when i had it, I had to take the foam out of the PT case and put some thinner stuff back using some contact adhesive. A lot of messing around but it did the job. I think I'm just gonna go for the soft case as the FX-8 is lighter in weight anyway.

Thanks Paul, appreciate the input :)

That guitar is sexy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to admit the rig is a "work in progress". I do have the modded Bluesbreaker (modded w/ a Mercury magnetics transformer) and this shiny pedal board.

a couple rack pieces, and currently using a 1990's American Made SG equipped w/ a Bigsby. And hopefully real soon the addition of the FX8, the EGC TT1 Tele is next!

This is the rig. The board is not 100% complete yet. I'm getting a junction box to make connection/setup at shows faster and there will be a Line 6 G70 on the board so I can get rid of my old rackmount Line 6. I don't have a rack anymore so it's gotta go. Anyone looking for one? I have 3 or 4 packs that go with it too. I also may build a new board since the lid of my PT-Pro Pedalboard Case will not close with the FX-8 on it (just a touch too tall). It'll be the same size just not tilted so it can squeeze in the case. Or maybe I'll just chop the back legs off of the PT-Pro. Haha.

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender (1).jpg

I use the PedalTrain Pro but have the Mono case that is built for it. My G system fits in there no problem at all as its a flexible case made out of padded nylon. The thing is bomb proof too and I've gigged it and rehearsed with it for over 18 months with no sign of wear and tear.

Pedalboard Pro - MONO

I've got the dual M80 guitar bag and the "Tic Bag" too - all top quality products.

I use the PedalTrain Pro but have the Mono case that is built for it. My G system fits in there no problem at all as its a flexible case made out of padded nylon. The thing is bomb proof too and I've gigged it and rehearsed with it for over 18 months with no sign of wear and tear.

Pedalboard Pro - MONO

I've got the dual M80 guitar bag and the "Tic Bag" too - all top quality products.

Mono stuff is awesome I had that case as well when I had my g system. the guitar cases are awesome as well. I can carry 2 guitars at once in the same case, worth every penny.

Mono stuff is awesome I had that case as well when I had my g system. the guitar cases are awesome as well. I can carry 2 guitars at once in the same case, worth every penny.

Have a lok at the Tic bag it's another good product. I have all my cables wireless and other stuff in that, velcro it to the guitar bag and carry it all in one go. It's about £60 but worth it

Isn't the MONO stuff all soft bag style? My stuff gets thrown in a trailer with a pile of other roadcases. It definitely needs to be a hard case for my needs. The MONO bag would be destroyed in weeks along with everything inside.

Back
Top Bottom