Axe-FX III on the horizon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually just talking to my wife today about picking up one of the close out II's so we had something up stairs in the living room to plug into. If the Axe III were announced today and second hand II's dropped in price like the Ultras did when the II was announced, I would snag another in a heartbeat.

Chevy plans for a new model Corvette every year. It doesn't seem to deter people from buying them.
In most years, the new Corvette is just last year's Corvette with an extra curve in the fender, a cooler sunroof, and a maybe a bit more horsepower under the hood. In other words, it's not a significantly better car. I'd hate for that to happen to the Axe-Fx line.

...many have reported more powerful chips from other manufacturers for a year or 2 - 3...
Last I checked, those newer, faster chips were only available in quantities of three or four at a time. You can't really build product around that.

Let's not forget how the II appeared on the market. No hype, no anouncement, nothing. Even asked, Fractal always denied that there is something cooking and just one day, boom. So, there you go, I believe the III will be no different. This is not against Cliff and company, just stating things as they developed and how it should remain given the recent history of forum histeria

And they changed the running orders for gen1 units to the II (and XL to XL+) at no upcharge. Those people got lucky. Just the people that got the last of the gen1 units that were not so lucky. But, you know, the line has to be drawn somewhere and there always will be people at the other side. They did get what they ordered.

Can't think of a better way.

Phased out? There are still amps that are not even G3'd so how is the Axe-Fx phased out? :)
Not the AxeFx, the mkII. The XL+ will stay in production. For the time being.

Horse:
Until they are sold out. We are discontinuing the Mark II. The majority of customers are buying XL+s so it doesn't make sense to continue to manufacture the Mark II. We have a decent inventory. Probably a couple months worth.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/news/98361-axe-fx-ii-mark-ii-sale.html#post1180582

From the economic point of view - what's the point of introducing completely new, redesigned model when the current model stays at the top of the market and still seems to have a lot of room for improvement just by developing firmware that runs it? Mark II platform has no competition in terms of quality and features, I would say that there's even no sign of serious competition on the horizon.

I'm certain that FAS folks are already thinking about next generation of AFX, but there's a long way from "thinking about sth" to "working on sth" ;)

It's really hard to believe that after G3 the tones and feel that are simulated in the Axe can get much better, maybe a little different but better IDK? I still think if there is a third generation Axe it might be geared more toward studio guys, more bells and whistles... touch screen things one wouldn't need on stage type of features.

This would solidify the XL as the in between for guys that kind of do both with the AX8 for the guys that just need something light and powerful to through on the floor.

Word has it that it will have 4 Processors, one for each of the duties, Amp sims, Cab Sims, Effects and one for teaching you how to play your guitar. It's also rumored to have an anti bitching and weenie measuring feature for when you feel like you have been punked by another musician and... and, a frustration detection algo for when you have tweaked too much and can't figure out what you are doing. Probably the coolest feature of all as it just says you aren't worthy and turns itself off.
Coolest feat: Adamantium chassis, and internal free energy generator. ;)

I couldn't possibly be any happier with the tones I'm getting.
If this Mk I ever died on me, I'd be only too quick to buy another Mk I.

I was actually just talking to my wife today about picking up one of the close out II's so we had something up stairs in the living room to plug into. If the Axe III were announced today and second hand II's dropped in price like the Ultras did when the II was announced, I would snag another in a heartbeat.
Hold that thought it is coming summer of 2017 or early 2018 in the NAMM show.
Me too i have 5000 for the whole thing. For the unit, foot control, volume pedal. they wont admit to it but is coming .....

Last edited:
In most years, the new Corvette is just last year's Corvette with an extra curve in the fender, a cooler sunroof, and a maybe a bit more horsepower under the hood. In other words, it's not a significantly better car. I'd hate for that to happen to the Axe-Fx line.
It is COMING .......

It is COMING .......
Really? They're going to announce the new Corvette at NAMM?

Seriously, what are selling, @Stardom ? Or are you just taking a shot at stardom? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom