Tone Match Block: What is the round MATCH button for?

nznat

Experienced
oK, im new to my AXE FX 2 XL+. Love to unit, great stuff indeed. I use an Atomic CLR Active Wedge and an Ibanez JS2410MCO guitar. (ill get another CLR for stereo at some point and also a MFC-101 aswell.

OK my question is: Within Axe Edit, When you open a preset that has a tone match block in the chain, when i click on the tone match block, in the settings below there, it has the round "MATCH" button. What is that for? IM not tone matching, just using the downloaded preset, but not sure what to do with those tone match blocks that come with downloaded presets? When i hit on the round MATCH button, everything goes really bright and in most cases extremely fizzy. Love some info on the tone match blocks settings and how to use them. I can only find info on how to tone match a real amp i may have here in person etc, but not on what to do with a tone match block when it comes with a downloaded preset.

hope someone can enlighten me

thanks

The match button is for matching two signal sources. You dont need to do anything with it if you are using a preset that already has a tonematch block with a tonematch curve in it. Basically by doing so you are doing another tone match with some unknown signal source and nullifying the presets tonematch information. All you need to do is load the preset and play :)

What groovenut said. Download the manual and search for "tone match". Tells you all about it. ;)

manual here i come

The match button is for matching two signal sources. You dont need to do anything with it if you are using a preset that already has a tonematch block with a tonematch curve in it. Basically by doing so you are doing another tone match with some unknown signal source and nullifying the presets tonematch information. All you need to do is load the preset and play :)

lol yeah, the manual may help. thanks. most of the unit is very easy to use straight away, but ill have to turn to the white pages at some point. hehe

Back
Top Bottom