Newb Needs Expression Pedal Help

shawngs

Hi all, I'm brand new to the game with my shiny MFC-101 that I just got 2 days ago. Woo Hoo!!!! I've got it controlling my Line 6 Pod HD Pro (I know...), my TC Electronic G-Major 2, and a TC Electronic Nova Drive. The problem I'm running into is that I can't get the expression pedal to work to control volume. I've got it plugged into XP1 and assigned to Midi CC #001 (Line 6's MIDI CC for Expression pedal #1) on Midi Channel 2 (The Pod Midi channel) and "BegPDL" on the MFC. I've tried "BegOFF" and "Beg000" as well. Any ideas? I do have the Min set to 000 and the Max set to 127. Does anyone havee any ideas?

Line 6 Midi.jpg
MFC Settings.jpg

hmm... do you have to set anything on the pod so it knows it is receiving external midi commands? so far it seems you setup the mfc correctly. i notice the POD midi command on 001 is for "whatever the EXP1 is set to control." assuming that Volume is set there?

what pedal are you using with the mfc? do you have a TRS cable between the pedal and mfc?

I'm using a Line 6 EX1 expression pedal with a TS patch cable (I tried a TRS cable as well). At one point it would turn the volume down all the way (instantly) when I pushed the pedal into the heel position. It won't gradually adjust up or down though. Volume is set for expression pedal 1 in the Pod (from when I was using the line 6 FBV MkII).

I'm using a Line 6 EX1 expression pedal with a TS patch cable. At one point it would turn the volume down all the way (instantly) when I pushed the pedal into the heel position. It won't gradually adjust up or down though. Volume is set for expression pedal 1 in the Pod (from when I was using the line 6 FBV MkII).

that's the problem.

line 6 i think is the only gear that uses Expression pedals with a TS connection. mfc needs Exp pedals that use TRS cables, and of course expects a TRS cable plugged in to it as well.

Well, dang it. Thank you so much for your help, Chris! It looks like it'll be another payday or so before I can actually control the volume/wah with pedals. BTW, any ideas on a good pedal with a build in switch?

the best pedal with switch is the Mission SP-1; you'll need 2 TRS cables for that. i show how to set it up with the axe and mfc in a video i made a while ago; check out my video tutorials at my axefxtutorials.com site.

Back
Top Bottom