Extreme - Nuno Bettencourt's 90's Soldano tone

harsh

Inspired

So I decided to listen back to some of the stuff I used to listen to as a kid, and played some Extreme after I dunno how many years. I had forgotten how amazing Nuno Bettencourt is...he was one of my heroes when I was growing up. III Sides to Every Story was a masterpiece! I decided to cover one of my favourite tracks from the album - Am I Ever Gonna change. The Soldano sims on the Axe are absolutely amazing. I've used VERY little gain on this track, but crank up the gain on the patch, and it turns into a shred monster - awesome for leads.

Now, I don't have a guitar with single coils, otherwise, I would have liked the intro / outro to be a little bit more sparkly. Believe it or not, I used my 7 string guitar for this (just didn't use the low string). Patch included, let me know what you think.

Ah, thank you, guys. Some great feedback here.

Stringtheorist - no backing track. I created the track. Programmed the drums and synths, and I played all guitars and bass. Happy to export and pass it to you minus the guitars, if you need a backing track to use with your patch. Let me know.

Ah, thank you, guys. Some great feedback here.

Stringtheorist - no backing track. I created the track. Programmed the drums and synths, and I played all guitars and bass. Happy to export and pass it to you minus the guitars, if you need a backing track to use with your patch. Let me know.

Ah, that explains why it's truncated... I'm super impressed with what you've done, and thanks for offering to share. You don't happen to have a version with the whole song tracked out do you?

Ah, that explains why it's truncated... I'm super impressed with what you've done, and thanks for offering to share. You don't happen to have a version with the whole song tracked out do you?

Afraid not. I normally just do about a minute or 2 when I cover a track, just to see of I can nail the tones etc. If you really need the backing track, I can do the whole song for you without the guitars, but it'll take some time.

Afraid not. I normally just do about a minute or 2 when I cover a track, just to see of I can nail the tones etc. If you really need the backing track, I can do the whole song for you without the guitars, but it'll take some time.

Sweet... That'd be awesome! What would you charge for this?

Hello Harsh, I am very interested too in obtaining this great backing track from you. The full track. Some participation fees is not a problem.
Hope it is possible, it would be great. I am sending you a PM, please let me know.
Thank you.
Regards.
Ludo

Hello Harsh, I am very interested too in obtaining this great backing track from you. The full track. Some participation fees is not a problem.
Hope it is possible, it would be great. I am sending you a PM, please let me know.
Thank you.
Regards.
Ludo

Hi Ludo. Thanks for the interest. Unfortunately, I didn't write the full backing track - just the minute or so that you hear on the cover. Happy to bounce down a version without guitars and send it to you. PM me you email address and I'll send it to u tonight.

Once my arm has healed, I want to revisit the flanger. Would love to hear the Axe nail that flanger sound. I'll bet with all the improvements it's possible.

Great Job! Really great job. I'm super impressed that you did the backing track too!

After all these years, Nuno is still my top guitar idol. I was lucky enough to meet him back in 1992 and he signed my Washburn N4 (still my main guitar). Before he autographed it he asked me "are you sure you want me to ruin it?" . I guess he wasn't as used to "ruining" guitars with his autograph back then!......

Back
Top Bottom