Just a heads up...

I have always wanted to try out a real Cameron CCV. I had a friend who got ahold of one of his modded Marshalls, but I never got to play with it before he sold it.

Once you update your firmware to 18.01, go check out the cameron ccv models. And yes, they are that good.

Wow, good call... Thanks for the heads up!

This changes everything, basically means a lot of amps to explore (or re-explore). Glad I'm not going to work tomorrow... Too bad for my neighbors!

I believe (it sounds like) different amounts or types of gain. The 2A can kinda clean up a bit, and goes into a nice rough gain, but all the way over at the 2D it just starts as a big explosion, and goes all the way towards nuclear meltdown.

What do the different letters mean after the channel number?

2A: Bright1 switch left, Bright2 switch left, Gain Style switch left.
2B: Bright1 switch left, Bright2 switch right, Gain Style switch left.
2C: Bright1 switch left, Bright2 switch left, Gain Style switch right.
2D: Bright1 switch left, Bright2 switch right, Gain Style switch right.

Bright1 switch selects the Bright capacitor which you can alter via the Advanced menu.

Brilliant, thanks Cliff! That helps considering I'm finding some of those settings are liable to kill small animals with the treble.

The amp was modeled with the Voicing switch in the middle position. The "Dark" switch is the Negative feedback control. Set Negative Feedback to 3.6 to reproduce the switch in the middle position. Set it to 9.8 to reproduce the switch in the right position. 5.0 for left position (default).

The amp has a dozen switches and, frankly, there isn't a lot of difference between some of the settings. The Drive switch sounds virtually identical whether left or right. I don't like it in the middle.

2A: Bright1 switch left, Bright2 switch left, Gain Style switch left.
2B: Bright1 switch left, Bright2 switch right, Gain Style switch left.
2C: Bright1 switch left, Bright2 switch left, Gain Style switch right.
2D: Bright1 switch left, Bright2 switch right, Gain Style switch right.

Bright1 switch selects the Bright capacitor which you can alter via the Advanced menu.

And you think people got confused about the Mesa MKIV......just wait. :lol

someone had to out do mesa with the switches lol

amp model sounds great

frankly I'm glad the defaults in the amp model are set so. Not sure how long it would take me with the real amp to dial that one in.

This model is so good now I may not ever go back to the HBE model. Well worth the three days it took to get it in the axe fx!!!!

Back
Top Bottom